Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/3/2011 11:16:49 AM EDT
Hello,

I've got a Norinco 56s with a fixed wood stock.  I believe the rifle is a 1989 post ban (it has the number 7 stamped on both sides of the serial number).  I'd like to put on a folding stock without making any mod/cuts to the rifle itself.  I'm looking at the ace stocks, but am a little confused as to what will fit.  Anyone have a Norinco 56s with an aftermarket stock installed?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 11:40:28 AM EDT
[#1]
If your looking at an ace stock your probably going to need to cut your rifle please don't do that.

You could put a wire sidefolder on it no problem it would mount up just like the factory stock.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 11:54:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Yea, not looking to permanently modify the rifle.  Which wire stock would work, or will any country's version fit?
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 12:36:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Romanian, Polish, and East German are the most common. The Hungarian wire folders are different and won't work with out modifying the receiver.  There are some Egyptian and East German crutch folders out there but rare.

I saw some for sale somewhere the other day I'll post a link if I can find it.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 12:39:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Be aware that those wire folders will require some work with a file to fit into the receiver. Chinese receivers are 1.5mm thick and European receivers (excluding Yugo's) are 1mm thick.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 12:47:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Be aware that those wire folders will require some work with a file to fit into the receiver. Chinese receivers are 1.5mm thick and European receivers (excluding Yugo's) are 1mm thick.

Good point forgot about that.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:30:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I did this with a Romanian wire folder. It took about 1/2 hour of filing the folder, & fit well. You can't do this with the E. German folder because it has a shroud where you need to file. Also, only one screw on the folder will line up with the tang, but that's not a big deal.  GARY  N4KVE
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top