Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2003 5:17:43 PM EDT
Okay, its a preban Mak 90 with the regular stock and grip, what does a man have to do to legally put a folding stock on this critter or would it just be better to buy a pre-ban ak for a good price?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:21:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Shoot man... there are no pre-ban mak90s.   The 90 in Mak 90 is for the year production began (1990), the year after the passing of the 1989 import ban.  

Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:27:49 PM EDT
[#2]
If you add a US Fire Control Group, US Pistol Grip, and US Buttstock.  Then you can take the butthole stock off.  You can never put a functioning side folder on it.  However, you can put a side folder on it provided it has been permanently fixed in the open position.

If it were me...I would put a Redstar Arms FCG in it, US Pistol Grip, and an FSE "Fixed" Krinkov Buttstock on it...but that's me.

Your call.

Let us know how it turns out.

KF
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 2:18:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds good. I could live with the fixed stock. The wood stock on it now loosens up every 30 rounds and i have to go back and tighten the wood screws, dont know how long that will last before they strip.Where can i get the stocks and fire control group and what are the advantages to the new fire control group? Thanks in adavnce.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 2:50:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Go to RPB USA for the Fixed Krinkov Stock

Go to Redstar Arms for the FCG.  It's fully adjustable so you can tweak it very nicely for bump firing.

KF
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 3:59:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:20:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Does anybody have a picture of the krinkov style stocks on their MAK90? I am interested in how it attaches to the receiver. I didnt see any pics at RPB, Thanks
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:23:42 AM EDT
[#7]
UL,your problem with the wood stock loosening up can be fixed pretty easily.Take out the screws,coat them with wood glue and replace them.Or you could fill in the existing screw holes with a mixture of fine saw dust and wood glue,let it set then re-drill small starter holes and replace your screws.This will tighten you up.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 10:37:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Johno, Until I deceide on a new stock your idea sounds like a winner. Thanks
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top