Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/6/2004 7:13:17 PM EDT
Hi folks,

If I pick up a SEAK II with the side-folding stock, and I want to replace it with a "standard" polymer buttstock at some point in the future, what all is involved ?

Is the folder some kind of permanent attachment to the receiver ?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:01:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I *think* the side folder on a SEAK II has a different trunnion than that of the fixed buttstock.  So you are probably looking at changing the trunnion if you want to go with a standard stock.

Now if you were getting a model with the fixed stock, you could swap out for a Romanian/East German/ or even the TAPCO folder without any mods other than possibly some minor fitting.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:04:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Different rear trunnion .The receiver also has to be cut and modified to fit the folder trunnion so its permanent. No going back!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:07:31 PM EDT
[#3]
If the SEAK II has the left side folder on it,you can always pick up a Russian folding polymer buttstock and still have folding capability with the comfort and look of a standard buttstock without changing the trunnion.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:30:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info folks.

Who carries the Russian side-folder, and would that mean I would need another US part (or is the side folding stock that's coming with the SEAK II already a non-us part) ?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:25:17 AM EDT
[#5]
The SEAK folder is a skelotonized Bulgarian folder.

Ted Marshall carries the polymer AK-100 type buttstock.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:38:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a Krinkov folding stock and a AK100 folding buttstock without trunion.  The Russian stock will not fit into the truninion without some work so if you really want the AK100 just contact Tantal to get the correct trunion.  Yes you can make the Krinkov trunion work with the AK100 buttstcok but it will need some modifications for the buttstock to fit in it.   Not sure how much but it looks like some filing here and there would be all that it takes.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top