Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/30/2004 5:20:11 AM EDT
Coming here to get an answer to a question.... I'm mainly into ARs, and don't know much about the AKs.

I've got a WUM-1 Romanian gun that I bought about 7 years ago.  The gun was imported by Interordnance.  Now that we can put underfolders on these, I'd like to do so.  So, here are my questions:

1.  Which under/side folders will work with this gun?
  2.  Will my gun require any modifications to use one, or will it simply attach with screws, etc.?
  3.  Where is a good, well-priced source for the stocks?
  4.  Am I correct in assuming I will need to keep the U.S. parts count up?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:58:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Does you're WUM1 have the radial cuts at the back of the receiver or is it straight cut like a SAR1?They imported the WUM1 both ways,the straight cut receiver models are hard to find and very high quality where as the radial cut receivers are hard to do anything with.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:46:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, John.  I'll have to take a look and see what I have.  What will the "radial cut" look like?  Like I said, I am not very well-versed with AKs.

Thanks again for your help...

-John
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:38:32 AM EDT
[#3]
The rear sides of the receiver behind where the pistol grip would mount will have a big circurlar cut on each side if you have a radial cut receiver.

The rear of the receiver will be straight from top to bottom on a regular receiver.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top