Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/6/2006 2:52:21 PM EDT
Why do people have so many problems with florida gun works? I havent heard anything good about them but they have a cool site i look at allot!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:38:42 PM EDT
Run away. One of the dirtiest sleaziest places out there.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:33:22 PM EDT
fucking crooks- the "sales" guy Matt seems nice when he returns emails.. luckly my credit card company refunded me my money.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:34:32 PM EDT
have you noticed the prices are at least 4 times fair market value?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:36:13 PM EDT
90% of what they advertise they do not have. They take your order then go shopping at the same places elsewhere you could have done and drop ship. That is if you are lucky. Seems they run it like a Ponzi scheme. Last I heard, they are actually run out of an apartment and have a couple of "self-storage" units they use for a warehouse. If you order from them after hearing this, then you are a retard and deserve whatever crap they dish.

Just do not do it!

Hootbro
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:40:24 PM EDT
Stay away from them. Prices are way to high
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:02:49 PM EDT
Run, Forrest, Run.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:12:39 PM EDT
Prices are irrelevant if they charge you but don't ever deliver what you ordered.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:36:39 PM EDT
phone# disconnected, no forwarding # , never a responce from e-mails or fax's , before I contested the charge on my credit, I e-mailed and faxed 14 times a day for a week . Never a response. a huge shell game, ( with a great website)........................................
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:58:28 PM EDT
FGW went above and beyond for me. But it appears I am the only one they have done that for.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:03:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/6/2006 7:03:24 PM EDT by basketcase]
Took forever to get my order from them!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:11:41 PM EDT
Same story here , i ordered one of their milled Russian kits , waited and waited , i thought they went out of business , and then one day it showed up , what a parts missin , rusted , counterboared muzzle , P.O.S it was , so i sent it back , and that was 2 months ago , they never refunded my credit card , so now i have to go back & forth with VISA, to get my money back --- I heard a bitch runs the place !! -- i hear these stories on all the GUN FORUMS ---- WHY T.F. have not the florida cops shut em down ????
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:48:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/6/2006 8:50:33 PM EDT by Raptor22]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:13:14 PM EDT
I read all the horror stories AFTER I ordered from them. I payed too much, but after the lies, unreturned calls & emails, the product showed up as soon as I turned it over to my CC co.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:41:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Raptor22:

Originally Posted By dskeet:
FGW went above and beyond for me. But it appears I am the only one they have done that for.

Consider yourself very lucky. I would order from Botach before I would order anything from them. OTOH, I have made 18 orders from Botach without any problems.

Oh yeah, I'm very lucky. I had $500 on the line with them and they went out of their way for me. They did more than I would expect any company to do, let alone one with such a bad reputation.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:55:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Phil_A_Steen:
Run away. One of the dirtiest sleaziest places out there.

ABORT!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:57:56 AM EDT
Because they try to rip you off. They suck big time!!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:10:53 AM EDT
This company should have been shut down by Dade County a long time ago. I was screwed big time until American Express fraud division came to my rescue.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:48:37 PM EDT
After i compared the prices they have, i found them to be terrible. They charge $30 for an ak sight adjustment tool that we can get anywhere else for ten. I wrote them an email asking why they think they can do this, and it was a fairly polite email-this is the response i got back:

WE don't really care what people say or what you think. Thanks for the email, have a nice day

MT
FGW Sales
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:53:28 PM EDT
After i compared the prices they have, i found them to be terrible. They charge $30 for an ak sight adjustment tool that we can get anywhere else for ten. I wrote them an email asking why they think they can do this, and it was a fairly polite email-this is the response i got back:

WE don't really care what people say or what you think. Thanks for the email, have a nice day

MT
FGW Sales
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:04:23 PM EDT
Is this the place where the old website had some older skanky looking snizz posing in bikinis and the guns? I took it that she was the owner/part owner or something?

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:24:14 PM EDT
Before I buy from anyone I take the time to look them up on the Better Business Bureau and from ripoffreport.com.

I use one credit card for all web purches and I keep a very close eye on it.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/results.asp?q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search%21&q5=Florida+GunWorks&Search=Search

I'm supprised they have not been sued yet.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:47:45 PM EDT
Also, they do not, ah, honor intellectual property rights. I think some of you exactly what I'm talking about.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:54:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mach6:
Also, they do not, ah, honor intellectual property rights. I think some of you exactly what I'm talking about.

Please, share with us.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:10:36 PM EDT
damn they suck. took them over a month to send me a simple scope mount for my old AR
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:12:34 AM EDT
A friend of mine refused to heed multiple warnings and ordered from them anyway.
He ordered two Polish kits from them about a year ago, Took them forever to ship and He ended up with two of the biggest POS kits I've ever seen.
He's wishing he had listened now.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:16:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Phil_A_Steen:

Originally Posted By mach6:

Please, share with us.

One word: Vortex.
Top Top