Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/13/2004 5:09:25 PM EDT
OK, just pondering stuff at work.  So I could technically take a flat and fold it.  If I wanted to stop at that point, I could legally ship it to a licensed builder and have it shipped DIRECTLY back to me after being built into a rifle, right?  

I mean, if it's under 80% and I turn it into a 'receiver' in my posession, it's now the same as a Hesse/Vulcan/OOW at the time I ship it off to be built.  Just curious....not much saved except an FFL transfer fee and $20, but an interesting idea if you're not inclined to do the riveting.

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:16:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:39:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Campy.  I was pondering a Tapco flat.  It's gotta be close to 80% as-is, so I imagine when correctly folded, it's close to completion, and likely to be ruled an 'official receiver' at that point.

I just like the convenience of shipping/receiving from my place.  Probably a question better suited for the BIY forum in retrospect, but oh well.  Atleast it's a break from the anti-Joeken posts!

take care,
Tec
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top