Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 4:21:36 AM EDT
I was looking over the parts kit, and looking at the end of the barrel... I was wondering...

Is there a flash hider designed for the Yugo RPK?

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:53:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone  know?

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:37:47 PM EDT
[#2]
The flashider off of the Yugo M77 will work on the RPK as it has the same threads. I am pretty sure they left the factory with just a barrel nut. My NIB Mitchell RPK had the barrel nut only.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks!

I'm gonna have to take another look at my barrel, I wasn't sure it was threaded with a nut on it.

No Expert

ETA,  anyone know where I can find a Yugo M77 Flash hider?  Google is not being friendly this time.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:25:18 AM EDT
[#4]
okay, the barrel is threaded, the nut on the end doesn't look like a nut.  Anyway... what would the standard FH look like for it?  Slant, 74 style, or krinkov cone?

I was checking the Brownells catalog...and found those, they also have a different muzzle brake that could double as a FH and was wondering if anyone has experience with it or any opinion?

MILITARY RIFLE MUZZLE BRAKE - Machined steel brake features two, large chambers with top ports to tame the recoil of full-power service ammunition. Takes the pain out of shooting; reduces muzzle climb for quicker follow-up shots. Two models fit a wide range of rifles. .223 Caliber is threaded ½"-28 with .250" exit hole. .30 Caliber is threaded 14mm-1.0 LH with .355" exit hole. Exit hole may be reamed to .45 caliber.

SPECS: Steel, blue, matte finish. 1½" (3.8cm) diameter, 2" (5cm) long. 5 oz. (140 g).

Thanks,

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:11:44 AM EDT
[#5]
okay, Thanks to chawkpilot, who pointed me in the right direction... I have decided to go with a Russian RPK brake to add to my Yugo RPK.  You purists be damned, at least I'm not putting an A2 fh on it.

The one I found is:

available over at GlobalTrades.com

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#6]
How's your bore look. Mine looks fair until the end. Press a bullet in the end and it barely shows but if you turn the bullet to cut a groove in it, it measures 3/16 in. from the line to the case.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:32:12 PM EDT
[#7]
use a barrel nut for the yugo like god intended
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:24:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone know where to find a US made barrel nut?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:26:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
How's your bore look. Mine looks fair until the end. Press a bullet in the end and it barely shows but if you turn the bullet to cut a groove in it, it measures 3/16 in. from the line to the case.

My bore looks real good until the end as well. I may get the end recrowned ... may not. dunno yet, gonna see how she shoots once I get the receiver.

Originally Posted By 1Gunner
use a barrel nut for the yugo like god intended

Well, as an Apathetic Agnostic, I have to believe that the threaded barrel gives one the option of believing in a barrel nut or a flash hider....and that neither camp only is correct. Therefore, as to which one is right... I don't know, and I don't care.

No Expert
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:38:08 PM EDT
[#10]
here is the one i got from global on my m72 underfolder....u dont ever see em!

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top