Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/23/2006 10:58:37 AM EDT
Hey guys. I dont know too much about AK's but I have a Romanian WASR-10, I was wondering if there is a way to remove the flash hider?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:03:08 AM EDT
[#1]
is it tack welded on the bottom?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:09:24 AM EDT
[#2]
um...I dont think so, I guess I never looked at the bottom, the reason I want to remove it, is I think the rounds are scraping it when I fire, this rifle shoots to the extreme left hinking.gif. I have the front site post moved all the way to the left and it still shoots to the left.

Its hard to explain, on the inside of the flash hider where it is cut at a slant, you can feel two ridges coming down, and when it starts to get dark outside it sparks, it doesnt look like the typical flash, but like a grinder on metal.  Anyway, that probably doesnt make sense but Im just trying to figure out why it shoots to the extreme left.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#3]
remember, on an AK muzzle device it is rightey loosey lefty tightey, just the opposite of most rifles.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:37:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone know why this rifle shoots so far to the left? Is this just the nature of AK's, some are crap and some are good?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:55:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:10:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
A) Is the front sight post straight up? Or canted like soem Romys are?

B) If you need to just drift the front post over, use C-clamps and sockets to drive it over.

C) Make sure there is not a hitch in your trigger pull that is tossing the shots over.

Well the font sight seems to be straight as far as I can tell. I adjusted the front sight as far as it would go to the left but this rifle still shoots way left.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:21:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Its a Wasr, the front sight base is probably canted throwing your rounds off target. I doubt its hitting the "flash hider." Theres a plunger pin that holwds the flash hider in position, depress the pin with a small screw driver and remove it, unscrew clockwise.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:32:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Its a Wasr, the front sight base is probably canted throwing your rounds off target. I doubt its hitting the "flash hider." Theres a plunger pin that holwds the flash hider in position, depress the pin with a small screw driver and remove it, unscrew clockwise.

Ok then, how would I go about getting the front sight fixed, do I need to take it to a gunsmith or is there something I can do? Besides it shooting way left, it seems to be consistant and I could hit a target about 100 yards away using some Kentucky windage.

Thanks for the help guys.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:45:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Anyone know the best way to make sure the front sight base is straight, it looks straight to me but I just want to make sure.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:50:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:33:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Well with the front sight post moved slightly to the left aiming center mass I would completely miss the target at about 50 yards, so I moved the target to about 25 yards, and it was hitting the very left edge of the target, so I moved the front sight post as far as it would go to the left, I was able to hit the target while I was aiming at center mass but the shots were still off to the left. And its not just me, two of my friends also were shooting off to the left.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:39:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Theres a thread about it here somewhere. Probably in the reference or Romanian section
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:44:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:39:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Ok, there is a little button right above the flash hider, I pressed that and tried to turn it right and it wouldnt go, tried left and it wouldnt go, it doesnt look like its welded, I just need to get a pair of pliers.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:16:57 AM EDT
[#15]
ok.....is this a no-ban WASR?  Does it have a slant brake?

if it does, look on the brake, if it has the letter "c" stamped on the brake, counter clock-wise to remove the brake (US threads), if it does not have the "C", clock-wise to remove the brake (14mm)

hope this helps
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top