Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/6/2004 8:39:39 PM EDT
Man am ever I tempted to buy that new ARSENAL, INC milled limited edition underfolder at my local gun shop!!
I've wanted a folder AK forever, and does this one with all the evil goodies ever do it for me!

QUESTION: How phony-Balony is that flash suppressor on it? For that matter...the underfolder?

Arsenal says it's a exact copy of the currently produced AR M1F Bulgarian AK in production today. But they use this same single description of "Exact Duplicate" to describe another special edition ARM1F under folder rifle they are also selling, which has no flash suppressor. Are they loose with the term "Exact Duplicate"?  I'd hate to buy a $1,200"Exact Duplicate" that is historically inaccurate, and get my ass laughed out of the small arms museum.

www.arsenalinc.com/sasm7pre.html
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:14:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:13:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks,
I feel better seeing that you deal in this stuff, so you'd likely know.

Someone on one of these posts mentioned that he thought flash suppressors on AK's are historically inaccurate, He said that they usually had the slant brake, or the nut on the end, depending on milled or stamped receiver. All I own is an unfired SLR 95, so I don't know jack!

Perhaps most milled AK's don't have them, but this model does. I'm seriously considering buying it, but don't want any Phony Baloney at this price. I've got enough problems sneeking this third purchase around the wife without learning I was duped too. I feel pressed to get stuff by Nov 2
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:43:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:20:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:52:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Let me see here...."and preban AKs prices are going to drop like a rock".....hummmmmmmmmmmmmm Where the hell are all those preban AK give aways at ????
Well guess I'll just have to settle for my like new PolyTech for $650.00. But seriously to the guys who said preban AK prices would fall I havent noticed it anywhere....Ive noticed the price of postban/new preban guns going up. Any one else notice this?????
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:32:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Old Troop,

Given that the sunset is left the hell alone for about 9 months, I would expect new models to arrive, and the market to eventually catch up with demand, and thus prices to drop. It did it during 1995. It took me a month to find a buyer willing to pay $995 back then for my NIB Colt Government 6520!!! However, considering the precarious political road that lies ahead this time, I'm not willing to sit back and wait that long.  Kerry get's in, and prices will never go down in expectation of a new ban in early 2005! -A WORSE BAN.  

Campy,

This Scmuck head "who doesn't even know how to build an Ar-15" would appreciate if you would look over that url I posted above of the ARSENAL ARM1F and tell me then if you think that hardware on it looks legitimate or "accurate" enough fo me to part with the big bucks.

That gun sure looks GREAT in my hands.  It would also sure beat my having to spend hundreds of dollars trying to modify my SLR while bothering you the whole time with a million questions about  how to hang those mini Barby panties over the receiver butt hole that I couldn't weld shut.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:42:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I just saw 4 of the new underfolders with flash hiders and fondeled one of them extensively. They had to pry my hands off of it!
I was somewhat shocked to see them here but this dealer has a close relationship with Arsenal and even stated that these were supposed to go to Lew Horton.
His price on them was $1049 and that leads me to believe that the $1200 advertised price is suggested retail only.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:26:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Yea AK Joe.....that old 101 rock and roller must have some influence in the business, huh? But add another $75 bucks tax, and $1,125 still ain't too cheap.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top