Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/28/2003 4:48:07 PM EDT
Wow, what started out as yr typical one off b!tch about another board sure has turned into a real nasty little war....kinda glad to be going to one where all they do is shoot RPGs at you here in a few days/weeks/months(?)

Those dotnetz guys realy seem not to have much in the way of lives...either that or they are so frustraited by their real lives that they have to take it out here.

I ususaly disregard these sort of things, except over on the General forum, and kind of avoid the whole boycott thing unless the said seller is particularly odius (Joken) or wrongly accused (K-Var, and I was going to buy from them anyhow...regardless of what others say) but this is turning out to be pretty nuts.

Must be those magnetic storms causing everyone to fight themselves...like that one Babylon-5 episode where everyone starts beating the $#!t out of eachother for no reason.

Oh well, slog on. My only AK is in the shop having its bolts welded and the reciever park'ed...so I'm just collecting mags and playing with my new M-11/nine.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 5:36:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 5:38:35 PM EDT
[#2]
You headed over seas?????? Military?? What branch and what MOS?Was you a member over at Assualt web?? Ive seen your name before but didn't think it was from this site.Cheers WarDawg
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 7:39:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I've got my next (last?) normal Guard weekend next weekend. I'm a tanker, 19k10, but right now the buzz is that we're all 11b when we hit the ground over there. On the 11th we all show up to Ft.Lewis for some kind of "battalion meeting" which may mean....???? in processing to the regular Army? The beginning of our shots? We just had a Maj.Gen. come through our region and say that the 81st BDE would be on the ground in Baghdad by March, and the rumor is we'll have four months of training up to that point. I'm hoping if its at Lewis we'll all at least get some weekend passes to come home once in a while, and maybe the Christians will get X-Mas off, my wife would be happy to see me at home even though I'm "one of THEM" and dont generally celebrate the X.

Anyway, yeah...flamewars, good entertainment :( not.

At least after this I'll have the $$$ in the bank to buy that Krink....finally.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 8:41:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
actually, i'm hoping it dies down for awhile. i can't keep laughing my sides into spasm!

seriously, these things run in spurts...well, no they don't. they just flare up whenever the aknutzerz step on another land mine.

with the kalashnikitty landmine, the extortion of jen/falfiles landmine, the tapco/falfiles landmine and the k-var landmine, the threaten ar15dotcom with a lawsuit landmine...in addition to their usuall hilarity...it has been a constant cacophany of explosions for the past 3 weeks.

The biggest landmine is yet to come, and things are FAR from dying down.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 3:55:21 AM EDT
[#5]
rebel,
just wondering what "one of them " means?
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 5:32:34 AM EDT
[#6]
You know, "them".
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 5:37:38 AM EDT
[#7]
AH
well i'm one of them, also i'm 11b2p infantry,e-5, airborne. keep your head down over there. i have been down range 3 times now,
just rember better to be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 4:22:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, another sort of "one of them" too- for me going to Iraq is a personal thing, Gramma Ru is from Jordan, and these people who are causing trouble over in Iraq, they've done some very shitty things to the Jordanian people for as long as we've been out from under Ottoman rule. See, the British devided that place up under the rule of factions that would be loyal/easily controllable to them, not necessacarily the best governers, or the best for their people. Now its come to a head, and I'm generaly hoping that the US can at least reverse some of the damage these bandit-dictators have done over there in the name of God and Arab nationalism. Put simply- its time to bust heads and keep the peace until the US can get some progress done over there, socially, and I'm ripe for the fight.

See, the US has been pissing me off a lot lately and I've been looking for a positive reason to go over there and get killed. All these obese morons with their gun control and their social wellfare society of the future make me dream about taking the fight to them, busting their head, because with their lawyers and corrupt politicians, there isnt a heck of a lot socially we can change in this place anymore. Put simply, America is headed for the big flush and I'm not so sure I'm all that interested in defending a majority of Americans anymore, but I do believe in the cause. Get me? Still though, there are a lot of good causes I believe in that wont necessacarily get me away from my wife and home, especially for twelve to eighteen months...

but this...actually getting the chance to take part in some positive history and make some changes in the world for the better- well, Iraq is going to be this whole new country if everything goes off right, and we as American soldiers who believe in the freedoms that our country was supposed to be based on, we have a chance to impart it to these folks and maybe give some hope to that part of the world.

Its a big task, but I know how to bust heads with a rifle and deal with Muslims, see, I'm one. With the benefit of not having had some Medevil holy roller tell me how to interpret that, I can help a whole bunch of other Muslims grow up to not be such fucktards and all, and I think thats worth everything....no matter how much of my blood it takes, or how long it takes.

So anyhow, thats how it goes with me. And thats why the anticipation is killing me, sitting here at home, listening to the boss bitch about all the changes in my schedule as of late. I cant wait for Uncle Sam to start picking up the tab here....it'll be nice to get back into the swing of things, even if it is in crappy conditions.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 12:16:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Well, good luck RebelGray!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top