Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/22/2003 11:01:17 AM EDT
The RPK retainer is way bigger than that of the NHM...looks like I cant take enough material off the lower to fit the CHi-Com retainer...Any suggestions as I see plenty of RPK stocksets on the NHMs???
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 3:55:41 PM EDT
[#1]
The RPK retainer will not fit the -91 barrel either. The RPK barrel is much larger in diameter. I just faced this problem last week.  If the swap is something you must do I recomend glueing in a plug in the front of the RPK handguard.  It's a lot of hand carving, but that is one way to go.  You might try epoxy mixed with a filler but the handguard won't fit without some improvisation.  Fiberglass matt would be an intresting way to go as well, if you know how to do it.  There is no reason this can't be done.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 4:06:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I think i stated this a little confusing..I am trying to fot the RPK lower handgaurd to the Chinese retainer plate...

If i remove material from the HG there will not be a whole lot left ont the tabs front of the Hg that goes into the retainer...
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 8:56:40 AM EDT
[#3]
You are correct. You'll have to cut off the RPK hand guard material that fits into the RPK front hand guard retainer and cut away more material out of inside of the RPK handguard so you can glue in a block that is small enough to fit in the -91 retainer. You cannot fit it otherwise.  There is not enough wood in the RPK handguard, for it to be secure. It can be made to fit, it will not "drop in".
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top