Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 2:35:03 PM EDT
My gun budget funding request has been approved by my supervisor!  

I'm looking at building a Yugo underfolder to stay cheap, and I have a few concerns...

1.  What's the right receiver?  I don't have the equipment to bend flats, so I'll be buying a complete receiver.  Does someone make an RPK receiver with the underfolder holes drilled already, or do I drill those myself?

2.  I live in a condo, and don't have any significant "shop equipment" like a drill press for drilling into the old rivets.  Will I be able to get by with the drive-screw method that's tacked here, with maybe regular screws for the trigger guard?

3.  Who has the best deal right now on VG-excellent condition Yugo underfolder kits?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#1]
last I heard there was no such thing as an excellent to like new Yugo kit, they all seem to have lousy looking bores
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:31:13 PM EDT
[#2]
a good bore yugo is prolly gonna run you almost as much as the whole rifle already built from centerfire

the rec you want is a dci uf rec
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:08:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes they are VERY hard to find, but they are out there

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:20:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Step one:  Get some tools and a shop.  Step two:  Get a Romanian to practice on.  Step three:  Get a polish  underfolder.  Step four:  Get a Yugo, but only if you feal lucky.  

I have yet to encounter anyone who found building AKs to be easier than they expected.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top