Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2005 8:18:15 AM EDT
Pics soon.

Built Rommy kit on GT 1.0mm receiver.  Everything seems to fit together and function, however when I pull the Bolt Carrier all the way back or half way back it holds in place when I let go.  If I rack it back fast and let go it goes back all the way home.  Is this normal?

ETA:

Here it is

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:20:43 AM EDT
[#1]

Built Rommy kit on GT 1.0mm receiver.  Everything seems to fit together and function, however when I pull the Bolt Carrier all the way back or half way back it holds in place when I let go.  If I rack it back fast and let go it goes back all the way home.  Is this normal?

This happened with my Romy build too.  I think it's normal, as there is resistance where the hammer face meets the underside of the bolt carrier.  See if it happens when you hold the trigger back while cycling the action.

Sudboy

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:07:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Pics soon.

Yup, as close to bold hold open you're going to get without a Yugo BHO mag...  They all do it halfway and some hang all the way back.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:19:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't sweat it too much.  The hiccup might/will shoot loose.  As long as it goes bang when you pull the trigger and the bullet goes downrange don't worry.  What happens during hand cycling is a lot different than what happens during actual fire.  Go out and shoot the hell out of it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:45:29 PM EDT
[#4]
The top edges of the receiver need to be filed.  Well they don't need to be, the rifle will likely shoot where it is, however if you are a perfectionist, the bolt should ride silky smooth on the receiver.

Where the top of the receiver folds over at the top to form the upper bolt carrier guide, everything isn't straight and smooth.  If you take a flat needle file and run it along the bolt carrier guide you'll be able to feel where it isn't smooth.  Just keep filing and checking with the carrier.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:05:39 AM EDT
[#5]
bump for pic.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:53:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Refinish the wood using the Tapeo method. It will look so much nicer.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Does it hang up with the FCG removed?  Mine hung up a bit when I put in the G2 FCG.  After manually working the charging handle back and forth and firing about 100 rounds through it, it no longer does it.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top