Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 8:26:37 AM EST
I have two AKs now: an Arsenal SA-M7 SF and a Yugo M70B1. I'm looking to add to the collection, but am disappointed in what I see in area gun stores, which all seem to stock the same 'ol stuff. My question is...what kind of offerings can I expect to find at a gun show? The "Nation's Gun Show" in northern Virginia seems to be pretty good and it's close. I've bought ammo there before but never a firearm, so would appreciate any adult supervision forum members care to offer. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:46:04 AM EST
I'm going to one over here in South MS tomorrow. Last year about this time i got a great deal on a NHM-91 for $380. Rifle was in near perfect condition other than some exterior rust.

Lately, the prices have been going down in the Gun shows. I compared Fun show prices to our local Fun store..... Local store hands down overall

Bring a bore light and if possible a go/no-go gauge. The best deals are usually from local individuals selling their rifles there.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:32:32 AM EST
The last poster put out some REALLY smart ideas. I think they're hit or miss on a good day. You're best off finding someone selling something privately. Anything sitting on someone's table will be almost inevitably overpriced. A lot of them are still trying to get rid of shit they bought several months ago at the top of the bubble and are asking 20%-50% more than its worth just so they don't take a loss. I haven't been to a show in a couple of years because I got tired of being nut-to-butt with all the other people in there just to look at people selling overpriced shit....and beef jerkey.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:00:11 PM EST
Originally Posted By FlaDevmeister:
The last poster put out some REALLY smart ideas. I think they're hit or miss on a good day. You're best off finding someone selling something privately. Anything sitting on someone's table will be almost inevitably overpriced. A lot of them are still trying to get rid of shit they bought several months ago at the top of the bubble and are asking 20%-50% more than its worth just so they don't take a loss. I haven't been to a show in a couple of years because I got tired of being nut-to-butt with all the other people in there just to look at people selling overpriced shit....and beef jerkey.

Well thank you sir I have been really on the Defense since i basically was ROBBED by Sanddragger28 (former member).

I did miss out on a Russian Tiger a while back. Tx-zen ragged me on that Enjoy the beef jerkey
Top Top