Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/3/2003 4:19:04 PM EDT
Finally I got to try out my two new babies from Inrange, took all my AKs, 1 Sar-1, 1 preban Norinco 7.62 underforlder, and finally my new Inrange customs 47 and 74. The two inranges fired flawlessly not one FTF or FTE. I fired about 200 rounds from my 74. It was my first time firing the 5.45 and I have got to say after the pounding on my shoulder from the 3 7.62's the 5.45 was a welcome. I placed a target about 50 yards away and the 74 had the best overall grouping. My other inrange grouped more to the left but so did my underfolder, so it's possible that at 100 yds the group with the bullet spin will go more to the right. The only problem I had was with my chinese 75 rounders but I think I did not load them correctly. I was at the famous Pop Dean's range a South Florida icon and musta fired about 700 rounds total and even bump fired my already broken in Sar-1 and Norinco, that the friendly Broward Sheriff stopped by and asked me if I was firing any fully automatic weapons, I asked him if he wanted to fire any of my weapons and he smiled and waved goodbye. I wore my Inrange tee and overall I have to say that I had a good functioning day. now that I know where the rifles more or less shoot I will take them individually and see where they shoot. As soon as I can I will upload pics.    
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 3:25:41 PM EDT
[#1]
you must have bumped it pretty good if the sheriff stopped by. Isn't there a gate you can lock or something?

Link Posted: 10/5/2003 3:46:01 PM EDT
[#2]
There is a combo locked gate but being that he is the BSO on that beat he and his buddies probably shoot there sometimes.....
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 5:51:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 8:58:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Besides a good day shooting, I am glad you met a good LEO instead of another Range Barney. My last public range visit involved 10 quick rounds, a visit to 'control my fire', me showing all 10 on paper, us disagreeing.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 4:04:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
see? it's just like i've been telling folks since 1999...the 5.45 round just seems to be perfectly suited to the kalashnikov platform!

glad you had a fun day at the range!

I'm gonna take some pics of my shoulder to show the red-bruise-welt-strawberry on my right shoulder, 5.45X39.5 was a welcome after getting pounded by my 3 7.62X39 AK's........
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top