Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/25/2006 9:46:59 AM EDT
Bought my first AK, a Vector Arms under-folder. Always stayed away from the comm-block stuff, you know. Got too many AR'S, and a couple of FAL's, but DAMNED if that AK didn't get my attention. I am now a "convert!" (Or is it comm-vert?) Alot of fun to shoot, compact, sexy lookin' and cheap ammo. Why didn't I do this sooner?? The only problem I have now is feeding it. My local gunshop is limiting the amount of rounds I can purchase to 5 boxes at a time. They say there's a shortage of 7.62x39. Has anyone else had this problem, or is my local shop just being difficult? I live in central Illinois(-ed). Signed, slightly baffled.hinking.gif
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:53:07 AM EDT
[#1]
there is a shortage, only because of higher demand in the U.S. it seems.

But don't ever buy into the "insurgents are buying up the wolf ammo now and it will be all gone in a few months, this last case here is all I will have left," jive if you ever run into that.  

There seems to be shortages for a while, then a surplus, then back to shortages.

-mark
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:58:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I ordered 500rds through www.sportsmansguide.com for $60 shipped.

Won't ship util Feb 1 though.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:59:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

have not been able to find any 7.62x39?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:38:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, since I haven't been to the range in a couple weeks, I've been buying what I can to stock up. Thanks for the reply. I thought my dealer was just being a jerk. I'll have to try The Sportsmans Guide in the next week or two. I'm still waiting for my back-order of mags from them. They had a special in the fall catalog of ten used Ak mags for 24.97. I ordered twenty. Even if half of them fully funtion, it's a still a good deal. They said they will ship at the end of February. We'll see.......and YES, I too, am a mag-whore!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:45:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

have not been able to find any 7.62x39?

The gunshop that I work at doesn't have any,our main supplier doesn't have any and neither did my local Academy (besides some expensive stuff).

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:58:48 AM EDT
[#6]
go to the north side.

The one on 1960/249 (willowbrook area) has a shelf full.

might call ahead to make sure though.

also try the academy off 59 south inside 610.

-mark
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:17:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Congrats on the Vector Underfolder.  I have one too.  I am also an AK convert.  It started with a Romanian SAR, then the Vector and now a Chinese PreBan with the folding spike bayonet.  I am also waiting on the backordered mags from SG.  There is a thread on the Ammunition Forum that has great prices from SG on ammo, you may want to check it out.  The ammo is backordered but at the price I don't care.   Enjoy the AK.

Ron
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top