Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/29/2004 7:41:05 PM EDT
I saved enough money to send my galil kit in!!!

Here is the story. Well one rainy Washington day about 18 months ago I found an awesome deal while surfing around. A post ban IMI galil Sporter reciever, new AR parts kit w/ ARM FSB, 4 50rd and 5 35 rd mags. I couldn't pass it up since I got turned on to the galil series of rifles and pre-bans were out of my price range. I sold a few things to get the cash and got the parts. I did some research on builders and ended up picking Jayson at Investment Grade Firearms (IGF). He had very competitive pricing and had good reviews from the site. I told him I would be about a month away from sending it in and we had a deal. Well all of a sudden life happened, moved a few times, got hitched, bought a house and car. You know the little things in life. I never forgot about her though, I'd even assemble the parts as much as I could and just dream. After things got settled down a bit and I had a few extra green backs (I say again...few) I emailed Jayson and he said he was about to start a batch of galils and I should send mine in. So I did. That was Sept 5. and with the upcoming ban I found it almost perfect. He actually had it almost done by the 13th and I told him to wait to see if the ban did the whole sunset thing. Well not to my suprise it did and I kept all the "evil" galil features. Shipped it back to me and I got it today. Very quick turn around, friendly emails, competetive prices, and most of all a SWEET BUILD! It is everything I thought it would be (need to shoot it tomorrow though). If anyone is looking to do a galil, AK, HK build. Jayson at IGF is the man!

My SAR/AR Galil

My intent was to have it look as close to a SAR/AR as possible without buying a SAR parts kit and this is what I came up with.

- Shorten the barrel w/ flash suppressor to 16.01"
- US FCG
- Built on an IMI Galil Sporter reciever and new AR/ARM parts kit
- Original MR Birdcage flash hider
- New style folding stock with rubber butt plate
- Park job

Thanks templar for hosting my pics!

Take care all

BRJ

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:01:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:24:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Email Sent!

Thanks.

BRJ
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:03:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:07:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top