Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2017 11:04:27 PM EDT
Took my friends AK out today and had a Mag that was causing it to do double taps. All other mags were working fine but that one mag would regularly do a double shot.

Can a bad mag cause that, if so how?

Should he send the firearm to a gunsmith or just toss the mag in the trash and call it good enough?

I'm not and AK guy so any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:11:54 PM EDT
[#1]
No a magazine should not cause this! I think its either it has a sear engagement issue or messed up disconnect on the hammer. What kind of trigger is in it. I have seen a lot of bubbaed trigger jobs do this.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:06:51 AM EDT
[#2]
No clue what trigger. It's Romanian, looks pretty standard and mass produced, wood butt stock, wood fore grip, plastic pistol grip. He got it for a few hundred bucks from a friend so who knows that has been done to it.

I would liked to have experimented with it more but we were at a public range and didn't want to draw to much attention. Just weird that it would do it with one mag and not the other.

Thinking it might be best to just buy a new internal parts kit and replace the springs, hammer, trigger, etc...
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:12:44 AM EDT
[#3]
No, not a mag issue.  Swap out the FCG and retest it.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top