Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/19/2009 7:58:39 PM EDT
First off, I am in no way affiliated with the company; just want to share my experience and love when others do the same to keep unbiased sharing of info alive.

I ordered my stock Monday after 6 pm, was at my door today Thursday. Great packaging fast shipping, friendly lady on the phone.
I never heard of the company (after searching here and other forums), but decided to take my gamble and order it. It seems to be well worth it.
   The stock has no play at all as of the recent install. I have heard a lot of complaints with other folding stocks that claim there is a lot of wiggle/play when stock is closed, not the case with this stock so far. Minor fitting still required to get it all the way, in which I will tackle some time soon. Folding the stock is still tricky and seems to open up tight and not fold by itself/ or with weight applied.
Recoil pad is hard plastic and not soft foam, which appears like a good idea for the long run. I like the fact the sling attachment is on the left side compared to Bulgarian stock for example, it rides very comfortable in 2 point and even single point configuration.

Folded stock does not interfere with firing rifle and does appears to have a lot of bolt clearance ( A lot more than I have seen with tapco stocks for example). Overall lenght of pull is increase from standard ak stock.
Overall satisfied with purchase and would recommend to any looking for a folding stock. Also very satisfied with the ergonomic improvement( rides in a more comfortable ar-like position on shoulder and also seems to naturally bring rifle to higher position due to stock angle/ back slant angle) in comparison to standard stock. Only negative I can slightly see is the fact that it is a little longer  from reciever to folding mechanism, this in comparison to the Bulgerian folding stock for example.

Link Posted: 3/19/2009 8:15:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the idea of adapting the FALstock, and it all looks sturdy enough, but goddamn they didn't really work very hard at trying to get that mounting block inside the receiver, did they?
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 8:07:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 8:17:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I like being able to swap back, having a good spot for the sling, and enough room to really rack it with more than your finger tip when folded.

How long is it from rec edge to butt end?
Looks like I'd need to pull it and hack some to shorten to suit.

for $4 more just get this one

Link Posted: 3/20/2009 8:39:09 AM EDT
[#4]
i would snatch one up if the block was internal
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 8:53:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 12:31:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I like it and think I will buy one for my Romanian. I just wish the sling loop was on the other side. I am a lefty.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 1:56:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I like the idea of adapting the FALstock, and it all looks sturdy enough, but goddamn they didn't really work very hard at trying to get that mounting block inside the receiver, did they?

+1

It looks sturdy though, but I'm not a fan of the overall length. I'm 5'10" but have prefered the warsaw length since I got used to it. Now NATO feels too long and ungainly.

Nice review...thanks for taking a chance on an unknown company and posting about it. If it weren't for people making an effort like yours I probably wouldn't know squat about AK's

Z
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 2:35:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had a fair bit of hands-on time with these stocks, and they are exceptionally solid and very nicely built. Only complaint is that they didn't exactly get the dimensions right for the tang on the rear trunnion.. so it can be a bit time consuming fitting them to a rifle - and of course this also results in a loss of factory finish in the area where the tang seats. Still, too tight is almost always better than too loose.. much easier to go one way than the other.

One thing to look out for - they had an issue with hole placement (for the tang screws) on a run of these. They sold them discounted as factory seconds (on GunBroker, perhaps other places as well). Something to keep in mind if you're looking at buying a 'new' stock from a random individual who just happens to have one. It's not like a wood stock, where you just dowel the old holes and drill new ones.

-L
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 4:05:22 PM EDT
[#9]
once I tried to do the fitting, your right,def. off in lenght and hole placement..had to shave quite a bit off with the dremel.Took some time., and today im bluing my dremel job.  Lenght of pull is pretty long, but seems to work for me overall and im a short guy.
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 4:19:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I hate to say this, but that thing is G.A.Y.cool!

Honestly, there has to be a better way to fit a FAL stock to an AK receiver. Falcon needs re-examine the idea and get some tips from the Galil stock mount.

ls
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:17:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I put one of these on my GP75 and it's awsome. I tried it at the range last weekend and I couldn't be happier. The angle and LOP is perfect for my smaller stature (I bought the "shorty" one), ever since I put the stock on my rifle points much more natural which really helps for snap shooting.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:14:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Kudos to them for jumping in and if it works for you then more power to ya, but that mount block makes me barf.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 3:24:50 AM EDT
[#13]
that looks horrible.....what is the LOP on that thing?
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:40:59 AM EDT
[#14]
pass
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:51:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Reminds me of one of those primates that has a big butt sticking out. Anyway, they get C for effort in my book. They would probably sell a lot more if they figured out a way to shrink that extension. While it may work great, it looks horrible sticking out like that when folded, like some sort of tumor.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top