Posted: 9/30/2005 10:43:15 AM EDT
FYI:  5 unissued Izhevsk Plum Russian AK-74 mags for $99.00

www.chestnutridge.com/products/misc.asp

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:44:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow they look nice dark plum too!  Wish I had 100 to spend on mags
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:27:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the heads up!  Got mine in today, they were brand new just like the description.

Although this is my first set of plum mags. They look almost spray painted black on the top and bottom of the mag.  Is this normal? The only plum areas as far as I can tell is the centers.....
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:12:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Although this is my first set of plum mags. They look almost spray painted black on the top and bottom of the mag.  Is this normal? The only plum areas as far as I can tell is the centers.....

Mine looked the same... They are in new condition, but with plum in the middle and black areas near the ends.

It looks like this is how they come.  Look closely at Tantal's plum mags...

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:38:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I saw that too...Oh well, they were a good deal and in brand new condition!! I knew they would be slightly inconsistent anyway since the plum was sort of a mistake anyway.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:39:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually I heard that they couldn't get the material hard enough in the black color, so it wouldn't have been very rugged until they figured that out.

Anyone know if this is true?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 2:37:11 AM EDT
[#6]
This guy also sells on Gunbroker and Auctionarms.  You can get a six pack of the same mags for 99.00 on the auction sitesMBR
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top