Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2003 4:27:52 AM EDT
Thinking about putting one on my 74 after furniture swapout. Found an old (?) flyer from RPB Industries with an aluminum non-folder that looks decent. Called and they will be at Knob Creek this weekend. Anybody have any experience with these stocks, and possibly a picture?
Rotdorn, you ruined me with that InRange Bulgarian at Bulletfest.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 4:34:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw one on a Krinkov at the Dayton Gunshow.  Handled it, shouldered it.....it's okay.  Definitely not the original, but very close.

KF
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 4:42:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 6:12:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know why I'm spending anything on guns,because of those projects. No time to shoot.
M96 is still virgin; will bust this weekend, let you know.
Barry, just saw the name change on here this AM.
Will now refer to Mr. Jeep
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 6:33:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I got one from RPB and put it on my SAR 2.  I like the look, the 'feel' wasn't right so I put a cheek rest I had from ACE stocks on it and that made all the difference with using the Kobra.  Drawback is that, if I take the Kobra off there is NO using the iron sights.  Head is too high.

Still a work in progress.

It's my FIRST (owned) AK and it is kinda fun to work on!  Got out alot of aggression removing the front sight post!  Woo-Hoo!  No wonder people call the AK a 'Beater' gun!

Still need to get the barrel cut back and threaded, then attach the long muzzle break and have it welded.  Then it will wear a rattle can paint job...

I am awaiting my Red Star Trigger and mag release.  

THANK YOU to all you here who helped me 'Cross-Over'!

Edited: to fix pic.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 8:08:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I've owned a couple of the RPB stocks and like them a lot. Also (briefly) owned a Krink with "the real thing" and prefer the RPB! It does not wiggle (my real Krink stock did, even tho it was pinned/welded open), has a reversible sling swivel of a commercial size (no 3/8" Eurotrash here) and FEELS a tad bit longer than the real deal.

Here's one on my SAR-2 (recently sold the gun):

and one on my Intrac MkII (which will have to be pried from my cold dead hands):

In both cases, I have mounted the Bulgarian "grenade launcher" recoil pad, which helps greatly in improving the feel and utility of this stock.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top