Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2006 7:20:53 PM EDT
Wow, I got the inside blitz from Century Arms guy today at KNOB CREEK KY, the Machinegun shoot and SHOW.

Polish fellow who spoke Russian (im a Russian translator) was working the CIA booth, I got on his good side by yacking with him in Russian, etc.

He knew his stuff, said he worked in (no longer though) production mgmt. as well  for Century..

He told me flat OUT there would BE NO MORE YUGO IMPORTS, …to make a long story short, these are the key points he told me….

1. Century got  US Govt. “window” for “little less than 10,000 units” and that “window is permanently closed for anything further” and that he thought ‘regardless, there was nothing else to get from their source’......there was some specific legal jargon on this same point he mentioned, but it was too complex for me to recall entirely after a LONG day at Knob Creek.

2 over half the Yugos were sold off / selling off as parts kits, with “only the best stuff being built up by Century as guns. "

3. he seemed mad, mentioning over and over “these should be $750 guns  for petes sake”……saying they weren’t making bupkis off the guns.

4. he stressed over and over and over and over and OVER that one should squirrel these particular guns away, period.

*****They were NOT SELLING THESE GUNS AT THE CENTURY BOOTH....WHICH REMOVES THE COMMISION POSSIBILITY OF HIM TALKING THE GUNS UP....THEY WERE ONLY SELLING AK MAGS AND SOME OTHER JUNK. THEY WERE SELLING SOME NAPPY LOOKING YUGO KITS HOWEVER, BUT NOT THE GUNS.....

**** IN FACT I ONLY SAW ONE OF THESE GUNS FOR SALE, AND THAT YOKEL WANTED $595 AS I RECALL...

5. he said over and over (cause I asked him over and over!!!!) that theres almost “NO CHANCE” these guns would be available in 8-10+ months time…….PERIOD.

6. He said (and I felt dumb for not getting this obvious FACT!!!!!)  that FORGET the Damn serial numbers on the RECIEVERS, cause , say Serial 05336 is NOT the 5336th YUGO made, but JUST THE 5336TH RECIEVER!!!!………ie there is almost NO CONNECTION WHATSOEVER between the serial and the ACTUAL YUGO BUILD NUMBER OF THE GUN ITS ON!!!.........Because these recievers GO OTHER PLACES than on the damn Yugos...

He gave me a real cool pewter AK 47 lapel pin for free (because I could cuss in Russian ill bet, he got a kick out of that,..!!! LOL)….

As I side note, I was checking out  VECTORS Ufs, theyre, well  Ugghh, the receivers are THIN, the furniture is ULTRA CHEAP plastic….. the finish is  SUCKO looking, and the PRICE REALLY SUCKS (almost $200 more than a YUGO from centerfire……which doesn’t have any right now, or maybe anymore)......i have nothing against vector, i like their UZIs...but these.....uggh.

I reconfirmed points 1-6 with him many times over… he wasn’t blowing smoke up my arse, I have excellent “radar” for a Gun Dufus talking BS he has no clue about. (as a result of working in 2 gunshops most likely )
Link Posted: 10/13/2006 9:33:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Good, I hope they double in price by this time next year. Mine's getting shipped right now, hope it ain't F'ed up like a lot of their other stuff.
Link Posted: 10/13/2006 9:46:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Good, I hope they double in price by this time next year. Mine's getting shipped right now, hope it ain't F'ed up like a lot of their other stuff.

im really wanting to buy one, but all this shipping/ffl shit is pissing me off. too much checking on stuff back and forth.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 10:40:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I know where 2 more are sitting right now but can't afford $600 for another on top of the one I got on lay-away for $480.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 5:13:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

i know all about Centuries El' sucko past history, trust me....., but this gun from them is NOT PART OF THAT HISTORY.

I bought 11 of em.
Link Posted: 10/15/2006 4:41:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I got both the underfolder and the fixed stock while I could.  Both were Century builds, the UF is a gray parked unit and the fixed is Black park.  Neither has canted sights but I did have to replace one rear leaf spring as it had lost it's "spring".  Other than that both have fired everytime I pull the trigger and are very accurate.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2006 5:41:53 PM EDT
[#6]
if the store im looking at will sell them to me if i drive to their store in another state, im going to buy 3 of them. my dad wants 2 as well.
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 12:35:56 PM EDT
[#7]
A guy at the gun show in Ocala this weekend had some priced at $650, and one he had labeled as "SPECIAL EDITION" for $750.

He also had Lizzie Borden's axe for sale, for $250.

Yes, THE axe.

I swear I'm not making this up.
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 12:52:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
A guy at the gun show in Ocala this weekend had some priced at $650, and one he had labeled as "SPECIAL EDITION" for $750.

He also had Lizzie Borden's axe for sale, for $250.

Yes, THE axe.

Sheesh.  $250 huh?  I guess he figured why waste the time putting it up for auction...
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 2:36:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The special edition was for the SUCKERS dumb enough to buy it

as for the $650 UF Yugo, ive been to 4 gunshows lately, and thats about the average, believe it or not.

Knob creek man wanted $625 for his.......and inside knob creek gun shop, they had ONE USED ONE....how much????   $690  USED

I was spot on about the $450 Centerfire prices already being HISTORY

wait til this time next year when NO MORE are being made, as per above.......

a local gunshop of mine said they tried EVERYONE to get some more, but no luck...

there will be another few shipments of these guns from CIA when they get to it, but then *poof*   all gone.

ive heard from 2 others that Vectors UF had malfunctioned on them, ...ive seen them at Knob creek, despite the high price ($590), the furniture is very very el-cheep plastic.

im not dissing vector, they make good UZIs, and seem to have good cust. service.
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 5:06:23 PM EDT
[#10]
i called a local dealer and they wanted 589 'new' and claimed that it was the only place i could get them from blah blah blah. i told him i can buy it for 419.99 online and he got really pissed and told me i was lying. if he would have had them for even 475, i would have bought 4 that day. he lost my business.

im hopefully going to order another UF from the place i got this one from in a little while. might even go to the next funshow and see what i can get for it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2006 7:45:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
i called a local dealer and they wanted 589 'new' and claimed that it was the only place i could get them from blah blah blah. i told him i can buy it for 419.99 online and he got really pissed and told me i was lying. if he would have had them for even 475, i would have bought 4 that day. he lost my business.

im hopefully going to order another UF from the place i got this one from in a little while. might even go to the next funshow and see what i can get for it.

that guy sounds like a DUFUS....tell him to call that distributor or centerfire and see the price for himself....just mail order 3 of em and pay the transfer........still be cheaper.....

however its true that people are NUTZ in what theyre charging for the UFs in gunstores and shows.........WAY TOO MUCH!!!!!!!

however these guns will be gone for good this time next year...
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 12:32:17 PM EDT
[#12]
For those interested, I'm trying to trade my new Underfolder for the fixed stock and have posted the info on the trade board.  I shot the underfolder once and couldn't get used to the feel against my shoulder.  It looks great, but I like to shoot my AKs.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:35:13 AM EDT
[#13]
I will tell you this advice.....if you want one of these your contact was telling you the truth. This is the last of these.......exports. Don't rely on anything from Serbia those new kits never assembled have been here since the beginning of the year.....there is no more. Its all very sad......but hey life goes on.

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 8:19:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I will tell you this advice.....if you want one of these your contact was telling you the truth. This is the last of these.......exports. Don't rely on anything from Serbia those new kits never assembled have been here since the beginning of the year.....there is no more. Its all very sad......but hey life goes on.

You got it, i also got the SAME info again from another century rep and yet another person who is the #1 Distributor for these UF

The 'poop' is that this is baby, 'aint no more' , get em while you can get em'...no more.

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top