Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page AK-47 » Russian
Posted: 9/1/2004 4:28:25 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:39:45 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:48:32 AM EST
some people just hose you when they get the chance
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:35:12 AM EST
A LOT of FFL dealers around me want $30 + tax for an out-of-state incoming rifle shipment...

Until I found a guy that wants $15 flat, and would do the transfer with a smile... That's how I got my VEPR K. He looked at the rifle and never saw one before... I don't exactly live in AK country (mostly bolt-action and handgun users here) but he gladly took delivery and did the transfer.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:42:48 AM EST
They could be trying to tag people for 'Use Tax' which most states have. You are still 'supposed' to pay sales tax, even on out of state purchases- you are supposed to pay directly to the state. Noone does it, of course. But they could have a law requiring people to pay it when they go through an FFL.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:30:08 PM EST
Ive got a nazi gunshop here that is like that, they charge $15 on top of 10% of the firearms cost, the assholes actually expect you to buy their stuff that is at least $100-$300 overpriced from the people down the street just because they are a gun shop only and not a pawn shop with a large gun section. Its a good place to try, but not to buy. I have also found a $15 flat rate guy since my last runaround with the gun shop, Ill never buy a thing from them again as long as I have my ffl guy and a auctionarms.com acount.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:49:19 AM EST
The funny part about the "Use Tax" is that its for out-of-state goods *sold* in whatever state you're in.

Well, an incoming rifle shipment was already *sold* over the Internet and technically/legally the transaction does not take place in your state. The FFL dealer is not selling you the rifle.
The transaction is $0 and any percent of $0 is $0. All you should be paying is the FFL transfer fee.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:48:36 PM EST
Damn you are posting this story in about every forum what do you want us to do?????????
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:30:42 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/3/2004 7:31:28 PM EST by MRW]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:21:39 AM EST
I think he wants everyone to know what kinda FFL dealer they were to charge a person $147.

Whether or not he has the money for a Tigr is not the issue. It's the fact this gun club charged an exorbitant amount for 2 minutes of paperwork and calling in a NICS check.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:28:33 PM EST

Originally Posted By metroplex:
I think he wants everyone to know what kinda FFL dealer they were to charge a person $147.

Whether or not he has the money for a Tigr is not the issue. It's the fact this gun club charged an exorbitant amount for 2 minutes of paperwork and calling in a NICS check.

there might be a handfull of members that live in that area of PA so just post it in the Hometown Forum
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:20:09 AM EST
It would have been worth another $147 bucks to kick his A... go downtown, pay the fine, come back and have a good time. Bad when you have to Prepay for butt kickings! LOL
just kiddin' yall.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:14:42 PM EST
Did you get a kiss with that screw?
Page AK-47 » Russian
Top Top