Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/29/2002 6:12:23 AM EDT
I have been looking through the new Shotgun News and these Para Folding Stock Kits that Sarco is selling is tempting me something bad. Always wanted to add a FAL to the collection. They are advertising that the Imbel receivers they are selling are Pre-Bans, and that it would be legal to build a legal gun. My question is, are there any legal issues I am going to run into if I get one of the Imbel receivers and the para folding stock kit and assemble an actual Imbel FAL. Not very up on the legal mumbo jumbo and sure as hell dont need black suits knocking on the door.

Thanks for the advice!

Dave
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 8:07:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 9:21:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Campy,  

I will email you and get the info. If you have a new Shotgun News marked November 4th 2002 go to page 105. Its a SARCO ad. At the bottom of the page this is what it says.

NOTE: "These are legal PRE-BAN receivers for building legal guns. Before you buy make sure you are getting a legal pre-ban receiver. Ask if you are buying a pre-ban receiver."

That seems to be false advertising if they are not pre-ban. Damn I knew it was to good to be true!

Dave

Link Posted: 10/29/2002 10:42:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Mark goes by FWRA on falfiles.com, and has ads in the marketplace forum. To files members (how hard is it to join another board) the 90% kits are $545, and other kit grades and pics are posted. He has a little shop just N of Akron, a flawless rep for dealing on falfiles, and I drop in sometimes just for show and tell. And he handled my FAL transfers for just $10!!

With all the FALs being built, a pre-ban receiver under $300 would be a shock to me. I built my basic Imbel from a Dan's kit (falparts.com) that was imported before the ban. I even printed off the statement from the web site and put it in the deposit box with my other gun receipts, just in case.
If you can find a fixed, US part buttstock, I doubt anyone will ever question your build but get the parts count right anyway.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 11:02:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I will check into the falfiles.com. Thanks for the info.  I wish I could scan the ad in so everyone can see it. I swear it says these receivers are pre-ban.  I am going to email SARCO and see what they say.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 12:11:11 PM EDT
[#5]
RS39,

Thanks for the info on the Falfiles. I did a search and someone asked the same question there. Turns out to be a big sham.  Thanks for all the help guys.  Got the info I needed before making a stupid mistake.

I owe ya!

Dave
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 3:02:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top