Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/13/2005 10:22:35 AM EDT
I bought a new WASR-10, and while it normally functions just fine, every 20-30 rounds or so, the bolt wont close on the cartridge in the chamber. The extractor will rest on the back of the casing instead of catching on the cartridge and allowing the bolt to close completely. I have about 330 rounds through the gun now, so I dont think it's a break-in issue.

Could it be a problem with the extractor, or could the bolt carrier be catching on something else, and not causing it to close with full force?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:42:09 PM EDT
Have you cleaned your rifle? Silly question I know, but there could be a bit of crud stuck in there from the mfg process.

I would give the bolt a good cleaning and then spray some break free in the bolt to see if it cleans out any more gunk. Also, check the chamber to see if there is not a little something stuck in there.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:23:29 PM EDT
Yeah, I cleaned it before the first time I shot it. However, I hadn't disassembled the bolt until a few days ago to clean. I haven't yet shot it after doing that.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:18:26 PM EDT
carboned up gas piston and tube could slow down bolt enough to not snap over rim again gas system dry bolt break-free(the mothers milt of autos)
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:52:55 AM EDT
Well I brought the rifle back out to the range yesterday and put 160 rounds through it. I didnt experience any errors at all this time, so I think the rifle is fixed her
Top Top