Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/25/2004 11:07:49 AM EDT
I just swapped out the POS Century trigger on my SAR-1 with a G2 unit from Tapco, purchased from DPH Arms. I am wondering why the disconnector on the G2 set has a larger pin hole than the Century set necessitating the use of a sleeve. Extra parts always give me concern about reliability and while I have never heard any complaints I wonder how the thin sizing sleeve will hold up over time. The trigger pull though is awesome.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:37:33 PM EDT
[#1]
its to make the assy. easier to install. assemble it on the bench, then drop it in instead of cursing it all together.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:13:45 PM EDT
[#2]
ponykilr is absolutely dead on. The biggest improvement that Tapco did to the G2 was to make it a drop in assembly. Without that sleeve you would be po'd everytime that the disconnector spring went flying.

Scott
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:32:31 PM EDT
[#3]
The sleeve setup is used in many many European full auto aks.. It will be no problem in your gun...
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top