Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2012 10:00:33 AM EDT
anyone have any experience with these? I dont need a higher than 10 round capacity mag so thought this was a good option. Let me know. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 10:52:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Is this the Zastava PAP you are referring to?

Long story short on the PAP is that they are very high quality factory built rifles that are a pain in the ass to convert if you are so inclined.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:00:42 AM EDT
[#2]
when you say pain in the ass to convert do you mean to accept standard ak mags?
What is involved
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:35:30 AM EDT
[#3]
The PAP has a narrow single-stack front trunnion.  So in addition to opening up the receiver, you have to hog out the trunnion as well.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:26:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Which shouldn't be a problem since you don't need standard capacity anyway, right? I just saw it for $348. That's hard to beat. I sure wouldn't worry about converting it, and it already has a rail on the action cover.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:49:38 PM EDT
[#5]
The railed dust cover is a joke and not a positive selling point.  Early PAPs like mine had receiver side rails.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top