Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/23/2005 6:22:04 AM EDT
I don't plan on breaking anything, but being new the the AK side of things, are there any parts that I might want to have on hand for long term maintenance of my Yugo underfolder AK?  

Parts kits are real cheap right now, and I though I might just pick one up to have the spare parts on hand in the future so my grandson can repair a busted firing pin or whatever on his antique AK.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:43:24 AM EDT
[#1]
It does'nt hurt to have a little bit of everything as back up,but the pieces I like to keep on hand are a spare FCG,gas tube take down lever,firing pin and lots of mags and ammo!I worry more about my Son not being able to find ammo in twenty years than I do about something breaking.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:57:25 PM EDT
[#2]
about 2 more yugo underfolder kits should be all the extra parts you should nee also 100 mags per kit, and 20,000 rounds of ammo just to be safe
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:15:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
about 2 more yugo underfolder kits should be all the extra parts you should nee also 100 mags per kit, and 20,000 rounds of ammo just to be safe

LOL, I only have 1000 rounds of ammo, but another 1000 on the way, and a coule of Romy kits for "investment purposes."  Does that count?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:26:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
about 2 more yugo underfolder kits should be all the extra parts you should nee also 100 mags per kit, and 20,000 rounds of ammo just to be safehr

LOL, I only have 1000 rounds of ammo, but another 1000 on the way, and a coule of Romy kits for "investment purposes."  Does that count? hr

gitten close , and you will be there with 19,000 more rounds of ammo......you now have enough kits
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:31:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL, I only have 1000 rounds of ammo, but another 1000 on the way, and a coule of Romy kits for "investment purposes."  Does that count?

gitten close , and you will be there with 19,000 more rounds of ammo......you now have enough kits

Yeah, but I only have 12x 30 rounders,, 1x 20 rounder, and 2x 75 round Romy drums.  I don't even think the hanguards will burst in to flame, only smolder a bit!

Aw hell, I might pick up a Yugo underfolder kit for spares, and use the underfolder on a buildup with one of the Romy kits- a cheap way to get an another underfolder AK and spare parts all at once.  Plus then I'll have an underfolder with a chrome barrel and standard parts, instead of this goofy Yugo stuff!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:02:46 PM EDT
[#6]
good start on the mags but you need more....yes so you can be more evil
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top