Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2011 4:29:38 PM EST
Hello, Im doing an essay on why the AK-47 is better than the M4 and vice versa...Does anyone have any websites, news articles, or gun manufacturers that could help in my research?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:32:31 PM EST
the essay is a persuasive essay!!! Thank You!!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:43:03 AM EST
THey both got thier strengths and weaknesess. Do your research and come up with your own opinion of the 2. Sorry, no links, but it's so easy to google m16 vs ak or whatever. Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:59:12 AM EST
Try it this way. Ask the question in here: "Why is the AK platform superior to the AR platform?" Then in the AR discussion forum ask this: "FROM A TECHNICAL STANDPOINT, why is the AR platform superior to the AK platform?" Make sure to ask it JUST LIKE THAT over there... and ignore the chatter about BCM beats LMT beats Colt beats Spikes beats Noveske beats Mega beats ...
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 10:10:06 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/16/2011 10:20:05 AM EST by stuch77]
Originally Posted By Dferg10:
Try it this way. Ask the question in here: "Why is the AK platform superior to the AR platform?" Then in the AR discussion forum ask this: "FROM A TECHNICAL STANDPOINT, why is the AR platform superior to the AK platform?" Make sure to ask it JUST LIKE THAT over there... and ignore the chatter about BCM beats LMT beats Colt beats Spikes beats Noveske beats Mega beats ...
this is some funny shit right there but so fucking true. but here you go kid. both are battle rifles. the ak is/was made to clear trenches be dirt cheap to make and fire in all conditions without to much maintence. the m16/ar15 was designed to percise tolorences and do everthing the ak can do including being a sniper rifle. but needs to be cleaned and cared for. theres alot more info to be had about both but thats a simple breakdown in my opinion. oh i forgot neither were made to hunt game but can. both were designed to kill people and they both do it very well.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 10:14:08 AM EST
I think a general consensus is an AK is more reliable than an AR but loses accuracy as a trade off for it.
An AR is more accurate and has better ergonomics but it's trade off is that it's more prone to malfuntions due to tighter clearances of moving parts and it's DI gas system.

Do a search on Youtube, theres a ton of videos on there about it.

I can tell you from owning both, I've never had a problem with either and like them both.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 10:16:39 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/16/2011 10:17:43 AM EST by stuch77]
Originally Posted By PreemptiveStrike:
I think a general consensus is an AK is more reliable than an AR but loses accuracy as a trade off for it.
An AR is more accurate and has better ergonomics but it's trade off is that it's more prone to malfuntions due to tighter clearances of moving parts and it's DI gas system.

Do a search on Youtube, theres a ton of videos on there about it.

I can tell you from owning both, I've never had a problem with either and like them both.
i own both and neither has failed in thousands of rds. matter of fact i love both of these killing machines.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 10:48:41 AM EST
As soon as our allies in Afghanistan, the Northern Alliance saw our M-4's perform, especially at longer ranges, they immediately and aggressively asked for them as aid, the US refused.
Top Top