Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 12:37:34 PM EDT
I have recently bought a GP WASR-10 and would like to replace the slant style brake with either an AK-74 style or Krink style brake.  Is one of these types of brakes more effective than the other?  Would really appreciate any and all input on this.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:14:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have recently bought a GP WASR-10 and would like to replace the slant style brake with either an AK-74 style or Krink style brake.  Is one of these types of brakes more effective than the other?  Would really appreciate any and all input on this.

i would check and see how the threads are on the wsar first. i was going to replace the break on my wsar with something else, but i never did- attempting to remove the break just gave me a lot of trouble and i kept hearing horror stories about the break being cross threaded on because of the monkeys at century.

although, its still in the back of my mind to try and remove it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:40:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Both are very effective.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:27:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I put an ak74 break on one of my 7.62 ak's worked like a charm......it lowered the recoil a lot
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top