Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2005 2:49:13 PM EDT
Got a good friend who about 2 or 3 years ago bought an AK kit. we were talking on the phone so I asked about the markings on the trunion...he said he cant remember who made the gun(but its euro made). he said there was a triangle on the trunion site base, it had pebbled e. german stock with the brown plastic handguards. Its diffinatelly not Chinese. said he paid around $200 and its in excellent condition. ????????anyone hazard a guess as to what it is with the triangle markings...sound russian...did the e. germans use that symbol also??????
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:59:34 PM EDT
[#1]
A couple years ago, [I believe it was Federal Ordnance who had them] there were Romanian kits on the market with new East German stocksets.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:03:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:08:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Russian or Romanian. There were some East Germans that came in last year. I also think InterOrdnance was selling Romanians a while back with EG stock sets.

I was a little slow typing. I haven't seen this much agreement in a long time.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:11:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That's Romanian.......it was Interordnance that had those things with the DDR stock sets.

Thats right,I stand corrected.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:59:09 PM EDT
[#5]
he said he paid around $200 for it, said he couldnt really remember. Were the Romanian kits that were brought in by interordanance the same as the Rom kits that have been imported lately????????
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:47:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Were the Romanian kits that were brought in by interordanance the same as the Rom kits that have been imported lately????????

I bought one of those Romy kits from IO that came with the EG furniture. (Not sure what happened
to the original Romy furniture, but....)

Anyway, the kit itself was in fantastic shape. I wish that all of the other Romy kits that I've bought
were in as good of shape.

The kit itself is still half-built, and I'm trying to decide whether I want to put other furniture on it, or
just put on the EG and use it as a trunk-rifle.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:40:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one of those german kits that came in with the PLO kits, I bought it from Joekin, last year. my trunnion doesn't have any big markings like a Russian, Romanian, Polish, etc... just a 2 digit year, and #.  There is a smaller mark (k3) in an oval next to the barrel pin.  the only difference I've noticed, between the romanian and german, is that the german lower handguard retainer has a taller sling loop machined in it.  As for my kit, everything has a #.............. and not a damm one matches. judging by the petina on the metal, it was probably all the same gun, but I am no expert. It came with a lever style side folder and a large part of the rear reciever. hope this helps............  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:11:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
That's Romanian.......it was Interordnance that had those things with the DDR stock sets.

If you come across an East German kit, it's special....the Germans destroyed the barrels on them and really didn't sell them as kits...AA-OK bought up the parts.

To the best of my knowledge, the only East German kits in the US were imported as kits from rifles that the Israeli's captured from the PLO.

WTF?

Silly germans.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:08:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Interordnance has been selling kits like that for years.  They are mismatched Romanian kits that have been refinished after being demilled. Look at the cut rivets-  they're the same dark black as the rest of the parts!

IO sells the Rom. wood separately and puts new East German plastic furniture in with the Romanians.

OK kits for projects and beater rifles, but not near as nice as the recent batch of matching Romanians.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:28:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:59:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks everyone for the info.

LT
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:01:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Yep, classic IO refinished Romanian kit.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:24:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you come across an East German kit, it's special....the Germans destroyed the barrels on them and really didn't sell them as kits...AA-OK bought up the parts.

To the best of my knowledge, the only East German kits in the US were imported as kits from rifles that the Israeli's captured from the PLO.

WTF?

Silly germans.

In most of Europe the barrel is the "rifle" not a part.  They register the barrel like you would a reciever here.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:18:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought one of the East German barrel stubs from AA-OK to use the gas block and front sight off of.  The markings I have found on it are a 1.5 on the side of the gas block itself, its the later style gas block also.  There is also a square with a circle in it stamped into the barrel where the lower handguard would go.  There is also a P and a 2 stamped on the other side of the barrel also in the same location where the lower handguard would cover.  The barrel stub also has the large style sling loop in the handguard retainer.  Anyone know what the 1.5 on the side of the gas block would stand for?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top