Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2006 11:20:58 AM EDT
Its probably a easy fix, how do you depress the piece that holds the upper handguard/gas tube on the M92 kits?  It doesnt move by hand strength so Im guessing its not spring loaded, any special instructions on knocking it out so I dont break or damage anything?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:29:45 AM EDT
[#1]
You talking about the little lever on the starboard side of the rear sight, I assume? The one which rotates upward to release the gas tube assy.?

If it is tough to move, and in my experience it sometimes is, get yourself a small dowel or something similar which will be non-marring, place it underneath the small tang on the lever, and hit that bitch with a hammer upward to get 'er to move. Doesn't hurt to lubricate the area with a penetrating oil prior to doing this, and let the lube soak in a bit before you attempt to move the lever. Should rotate right up after that...

ETA-BTW, if this doesn't apply to the M92, which it may not if the rear sight is different, then never mind...I'll just be over here shutting my mouth.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 2:28:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Open the dust cover up and take a flat blade screwdriver and tap it with the palm of your hand or lightly with a hammer.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Heres what Im dealing with guys...

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top