Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/10/2006 9:14:22 AM EDT
Does anyone know of a source where I could get some dry fire dummy rounds I could use to practice dry firing my sar-2 with?

Why cant you just use a spent shell case from a round that has already been fired to practice dry firing with?

I know the rifle usually dents the steel when you fire, but you could still just pull the bullet out and dump the powder, explode the primer, and use this?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:17:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:20:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I just use an empty chamber.

It's a dog, not a house cat.

This wont damage the rifle?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:20:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Think about it though.

AKs were made to dry fire.

The hammer falls after the last round is expended in the full auto real AKs.  That's how you know you're out you hear the click on an empty chamber.

So I wouldn't worry about it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:21:32 AM EDT
[#4]
No, this is how the russians drill with them.  Empty chamber.  ITS AN AK, Dry fireing wont kill it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:24:03 AM EDT
[#5]
ok guys thanks
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:48:24 AM EDT
[#6]
About the only firearm I wouldn't care to dryfire too much would be a rimfire.  Other than that dryfiring is great practice.  Snapcaps are the biggest scam out there.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:11:24 AM EDT
[#7]
MauserMark is exactly right.  You don't even have to fire it full auto.... everytime you shoot the gun semi-auto, unless you always count how many rounds you've fired, you always end up dry firing when the ammo in the mag runs out.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:29:17 PM EDT
[#8]
The only gun I wouldn't dry fire would be a CZ-52. They're known to have fragile firing pins.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top