Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/5/2005 2:22:29 PM EDT
Ive got my old gas block off and am preparing the new one, but it doesnt have holes drilled yet for the retaining pins.  I wanted to run this procedure past a few of the people who have done this before and see if Im on the right track.  If I use a bit smaller than the pins and pilot the holes, then use the proper bit once the block is on the barrel, would this allign it correctly to the barrel?  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:57:10 PM EDT
[#1]
no
what you wanna do is install it on the barrel
and lign up the gas port when the gas block is where it should be then drill the holes
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:00:59 PM EDT
[#2]
How can I be sure the gas port is lined up?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:18:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Shine a flash light in the muzzle end of the barrel and look for the spot of light in the gas block.  If you don't see the light, you don't have the gas block aligned.

You can also take the little gas port cleaner end and stick it throught the gas port and it should go into the barrel throught he hole.

Just make sure that the gas block it straight up when you go to drill the cross pin holes.  If you are worried about the block moving while drilling, you can use a little bit of red locktite between the block and the barrel, although I don't that is really necessary.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top