Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/20/2003 7:35:26 PM EDT
I tried to drill through the back of the trigger gaurd on my SKS, to install a trigger stop. It wouldn't budge. It went in about a 1/16th of an inch, then stopped. What is causing this? How can I correct it?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:10:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Only thing I could think of would be the strength and curve of the steel putting pressure on the drill bit.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:32:51 AM EDT
[#2]
So, how could I overcome this problem? I am using a Titanium coated bit, and a hand drill.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:59:57 PM EDT
[#3]
drill a small pilot hole first at a moderately slow speed.  then go to the size bit that you intend for it to be.  pay close attention to your drill speed, you dont want to burn your bits up.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 9:22:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:06:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Today I went and bought a cobalt bit, and will be using a drill press tommorow. I don't know if you all care or not, but I will let you know how things go. thanks for the info.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top