Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/21/2003 5:29:29 PM EDT
Does anyone know if it is posible to modify the romak 3 to acept hicap mags?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:17:24 AM EDT
[#1]
The biggest problem is finding a mag that would be hi-cap and work with 7.62x54R.  As it's a rimmed cartridge, you'd run into some big problems with the "usual suspects" of FAL mags, etc.  You can see how much your 10rd mag curves.  Think of one twice as long and you get the picture.   A Bren gun mag maybe, but I don't know the length of one.  

Also remember that unless the mag law sunsets/changes, whatever mag you use must be usable in the original gun it was made for, so modifying a mag to the point that it will work in a Romak 3, but not in a Bren (or whatever you use) isn't legal.

It'd be a tough nut to crack to do it.

Ross
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:03:46 AM EDT
[#2]
First going the mag modify route, would 99.9% be illegal.

Second this seems to be an answer in search of a question.

Third, please do a favor, a ROMAK III is not a Dragonov (I've gotten my ass chewed about this several times.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:40:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

.......please do a favor, a ROMAK III is not a Dragonov (I've gotten my ass chewed about this several times.

Understand but still the Romak III seems to be a pretty decent rifle for the money.  I've recently bought two - the first about 97% for $700 delivered and the second NIB for $750 delivered.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top