Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2011 6:51:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/14/2011 6:51:39 AM EDT by MiamiSniper]
I was wondering if is there a template for cutting the receiver holes???

I know people are doing it the hard way with a small drill bit, and files but I have access to a machine shop, and if I have a template it will be allot easier....

Thanks in advance..

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 8:53:19 AM EDT
buy a finnished one and photo copy it. and use it as a guide.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 9:26:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/14/2011 9:28:01 AM EDT by 0uTkAsT]
Just to clarify, you're talking about for an underfolder, not drilling for an Ace, correct?

I think the reason we don't see many "templates" for AKs is because of the variance between models. It's probably just best to just use your trunnion as the guide. I know for a fact my Draco-C's receiver is not straight and therefore if I used a template my holes would not have lined up perfectly. It might work but it also might not be pretty.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 9:40:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/14/2011 9:44:16 AM EDT by MiamiSniper]
Originally Posted By 0uTkAsT:
Just to clarify, you're talking about for an underfolder, not drilling for an Ace, correct?

I think the reason we don't see many "templates" for AKs is because of the variance between models. It's probably just best to just use your trunnion as the guide. I know for a fact my Draco-C's receiver is not straight and therefore if I used a template my holes would not have lined up perfectly. It might work but it also might not be pretty.

Absolutely... I'm referring to the Romanian Draco model "C" with already cut trunnion.... if they are all installed by spec then they should all line up... wishful thinking???

Top Top