Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2004 2:35:23 PM EDT
I'm looking for an AK-74 with an underfolding stock and a barrel configuration like the one seen here www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=122&t=224324  Thanks.

Digital
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:37:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I fixed the link, also, could I just have the barrel cut down and threaded even if it's chrome lined?

Digital
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:42:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Read the link you posted, that is exactly what the guy did to his in the pic...
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:39:17 PM EDT
[#3]
try atlantic firearms they have them go to gunbroker and do a search for ak snubnose and they should show up
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:05:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I know it's possible to do, I've just heard that cutting a chrome lined barrel can cause problems with the chrome lining coming off.  I'm wondering if there's a way it can be done that won't cause this problem.

Digital
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:09:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:34:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks CB, now I just have to find an underfolding AK-74

Digital
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:25:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't believe Russians manufactured underfolding stocks with their AK-74's.  The Krinkovs have skeletonized side folders, and the latest 74's have solid side folding stok.  I've tried underfolder and sidefolder, and prefer side folder by far.
Here's why:
1 - You're not restricted to a 30 round max in a magazine with a sidde folder
2 - When deployed, sidefolder feels exacly like fixed stock model, whereas you get a slight up/down wabble with underfolder.  Not a problem to 200 meters, but go beyond that and your aim will suffer.
3 - Side folder allows unobstructed use of both the lower handguard and trigger, underfolder mars the lower handguard.

To conclude,
If you want an authentic AK-74 you don't want an underfolder.
-H
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:28:20 PM EDT
[#8]
A question about the side folders, when open, are they centered behind the rifle?  I've seen some side folder that are off to the left which is fine for right handed shooters, but I'm left eye dominant and shoot lefty.  Thanks.

Abe
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:36:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Can you shoot a ak lefty and not get hit by shells?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:53:31 PM EDT
[#10]
An underfolding AK-74 doesn't exist in actual military service.  The underfolding stock was pretty much deemed obsolete by the time the AK-74 came around and really the triangular and polymer side-folders are superior stocks.    

The closest thing to an underfolding AK-74 would be the bulgarian .223 export underfolders.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:46:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Can you shoot a ak lefty and not get hit by shells?

Yeah, they don't even come close to my face.

Does anyone know if the side folding stocks are centered?  Thanks.

Digital
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top