Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/15/2006 4:41:49 AM EDT
I have seen a few posts on heat treating receiver holes and rails, but I was wondering why no one mentions heat treating the top lips of the receiver where the carrier slides? Seems to me this area needs it also since it sees alot of action. I thought about heat treating the entire receiver, but others say it will warp. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:44:39 AM EDT
[#1]
it wouldnt hurt to treat the top rails if you could do it without warping it
bet ya cant
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:06:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I wonder if you applied heat sink compound to the areas of the receiver that you don't want heat to affect if that would lessen the chances of the receiver warping. Just a thought.  The heat sink paste should prevent the transfer of heat to the rest of the receiver.  If it isn't heated it shouldn't warp. Right? Might be worth a try on a trashed receiver to see if it works.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:05:18 PM EDT
[#3]
You'll run out of ammo money before you wear out the top rails.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top