Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2007 2:54:02 PM EDT
Never ventured into the AK section yet so please be kind.  Just want to know if there are companies that will build your receiver/parts kit if you send it to them.  One or two ShotGun News issues I believe had builders listed but now I can't find them.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 3:12:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Will at Red Jacket Firearms does my builds. Top quality work man.

Red Jacket
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#3]
www.762llc.com

Great stuff...
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 4:49:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help Gents.  I'm gonna buy on OOW receiver in 5.45 and do something with it.  Any certain parts kits to stay away from that are crap?  
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 1:23:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 7:02:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks for the help Gents.  I'm gonna buy on OOW receiver in 5.45 and do something with it.  Any certain parts kits to stay away from that are crap?  

Yes...the OOW receiver.. Why would you want a spot treated receiver instead of a quality complete heat treated receiver?  Go with a Global Trades or NoDakSpud receiver.

Ahh........I'm learning things.  Do Global Trades or NoDakSpud function well with most parts kits or are there any to stay away from?
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 7:04:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes...the OOW receiver.. Why would you want a spot treated receiver instead of a quality complete heat treated receiver?  Go with a Global Trades or NoDakSpud receiver.

Ahh........I'm learning things.  Do Global Trades or NoDakSpud function well with most parts kits or are there any to stay away from?

No worries with NoDak receivers - they make them for most popular and available parts kits!

Spooky
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 9:49:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Taz, grab a NoDak.

Have any inclination on building it yourself?  We've got guys with knowledge and experience.  Heck, we've even got tools.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 3:47:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Can't do the build it yourself thing.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 11:13:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Can't do the build it yourself thing.  

Might I inquire as to why not?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:04:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Related question - are there any parts kits to stay away from?

I have a NoDak AR lower, and it's great - I'm sure their AK stuff is nice also.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top