Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2006 12:23:29 PM EDT
I was going to ask a machine shop about making this but I know someone has to make them. I want a barrel pin presser for the HF 12 ton. Something that looks roughly like half a shot glass with a 1/4 rod on the bottom. The rod from the press would fit into the cup.
You say you can't comprehend this without the help of a third-grade drawing? Ok here it is.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:37:52 PM EDT
[#1]
This is the total deal.  Press pin in and out, barrell in and out.  http://ak-builder.com/ak/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=10  This links to what you have a drawing of.  http://www.akfiles.org/forums/showthread.php?s=485158abf3097d0685915e4e7f9d3f43&t=9221
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:53:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you very much. I guess I just wasn't using the right words searching google.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:23:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Or you can, (SHHHHHH!!!!!!), visit the other ak site, go to the market place and look up TAILGUNNER contact him, tell him that it's for the 12 T HF press, send him $20 and receive what you need shortly.

It's easy and it will get the job done.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:00:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I jerry rigged something similar.  I put one of those nut driver bits through the racket hole of an 18mm socket, slid the socket onto the press ram, and taped it in place.  

It isn't as nice as the correct tool, but I have removed some seriously stuck Romy pins with it.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:12:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Or you can, (SHHHHHH!!!!!!), visit the other ak site, go to the market place and look up TAILGUNNER contact him, tell him that it's for the 12 T HF press, send him $20 and receive what you need shortly.

It's easy and it will get the job done.

I got one and it is great.  Looks much better in person than in the pics....

www.gunco.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17170
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:31:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I got one of these from AK bulder....
http://www.ak-builder.com/ak/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=10
Works really good! Removes the pin then the barrel with this kit .
Works epecialy well when you soak your barrel pin and barrel with PB blaster...
Works just as easy for reinstallation.....
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:13:01 PM EDT
[#7]
SEnt some money off today for the adapter and pins. Thanks for the heads up!
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top