Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 4:00:49 PM EDT
Does anybody make  an extended magazine release?  Im having trouble getting a firm grip on the magazine release when im changing magazines.  Its also a liitle slick.

And by extended I just mean longer.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:09:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Try this place...www.redstararms.com/

There is a really nice magazine release here that I've been thinking about getting....I wonder if anyone else here has tried one and can offer some feedback...good-luck.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:47:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats pretty neat...but not what im looking for.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:56:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:13:35 PM EDT
[#4]
One of the manufacturers posted some pics of a new rifle that they were making up for an NFA
sample, I think, not too long ago, that had an extended mag release. ISTR that the rifle was done up
in desert colors.

Anyway, I IM'd him, asking if they sold the extended release seperately, but I never did get a response.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:22:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I think your referring to the pics Grenadier Precison posted. It was a hybrid gun..... here is a link to their site: Grenadier Precision If you go to photos/ Custom AK Post Sample you can see the latch they used.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:23:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think your referring to the pics Grenadier Precison posted.

Sounds about right. Don't know it they'd sell it seperate, but they never answered, so......

ETA: Yes, that's it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:17:10 PM EDT
[#7]
it's just an HK autosear attatched to the release
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:37:26 PM EDT
[#8]
There is another type of mag release.  Don't remember where I saw it but it is much longer than the standard.  I think it is attached to the standard release to give you more leverage.  Wish I could remember where I saw it.  I hope someone will know about it.
Sparky1
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:44:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think your referring to the pics Grenadier Precison posted.

Sounds about right. Don't know it they'd sell it seperate, but they never answered, so......

ETA: Yes, that's it.

Sorry I never got your e-mail reguarding your inquiry, Darren must have gotten the e-mail. The extended mag release is something I put together on a whime and is a one-off unit. I made it using a discarded HK G3 sear trip. Why? Hardened steel, right thickness, cheap and it was laying on my work bench. All I did we heated it with a torch, while cherry red put a 90 degree bend. Once cooled I Tig'ed it on to a standard AK mag release. I then polished out the weld and heat treated it (same method as heat treating an AK receiver), bead blasted, parked and finished with TR Gun-Kote.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:57:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
it's just an HK autosear attatched to the release

interesting - so it is.
you learn something new everyday
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:21:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top