Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/20/2006 7:28:22 AM EDT
I finally handled a Century Yugo M70 at a gun show this weekend. The stock was very wobbly, more than I would expect. Are they all wobbly? It was enough to change my mind about the gun. Not sure I want one if the stocks are that wobbly.

On a side note, I also looked at a Vector underfolder. Man, what a difference! The Vector is tons better quality, at a higher price of course.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:09:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope not.........lol

I just bought one. Haven't taken possesion yet....lol.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:36:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I just bought one of the Century M70s at a show this past weekend.  There was only one vendor that had them (2 models).  One had a slightly wobbly stock (not bad), the other was perfect so I got that one.  Otherwise, both rifles were of really great quality (surprisingly)...the wood was perfect, finish was a nice even parkerizing, nothing rattled, and the action was like butter.  Trigger was pretty decent, but not quite as nice as the Armory USA SSR-85C-2.  

I couldn't pass it up!  Came with 2 30 rounders (one used M70, one non-Yugo mag that looks brand new), bayonet (VG)/matching # sheath (VG)/frog (G), sling (unissued), oil bottle (G-VG), cleaning rod & kit, and pouch (looks unissued) that holds 3 mags, oiler, & cleaning kit.

Does anyone know the exact US parts used?  Receiver, barrel, and I'm assuming FCG.  What about the piston & MB?

The only down side is that here in MI, rifles & shotguns that are under 30" (with the stock folded/collapsed) are considered "pistols".  Therefore you need to have your pistol purchase permit, and must take it in to the PD to be registered...er, I mean "for a safety inspection". (And just for those paying attention, by MI law, any such rifle/shotgun that is under 26" is considered to be "short barreled" rifle/shotgun, and is illegal in this state AFAIK.  The M70 comes in at just over 27".)

Of course, the up side to that is that if it's a considered a pistol, and you have your CCW...

--Otter
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:29:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The only down side is that here in MI, rifles & shotguns that are under 30" (with the stock folded/collapsed) are considered "pistols".  Therefore you need to have your pistol purchase permit, and must take it in to the PD to be registered...

Sounds like you found a good one. I'm wondering what the ratio is of tight ones to loose ones. Is the quality control just all over the place? The M70 I handled was way too wobbly for me, although the wood was nice and it had a flip up grenade site thingy mounted on the gas block and a bipod. Unfortunately it was the only one at the show.

Sorry to hear about your state laws. I'll be sure not to move there.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:25:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine has a rock solid stock. In fact, it has NO detectable movement once locked. It takes a very soft bump to lock it back into the closed position and dosen't even move when it's 'stowed'. I was impressed. My wood is dark on the bottom like it was setting in oil or something, and has a few small dings.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:47:20 PM EDT
[#5]
When I first got mine it was super tight, like others have said you had to kinda bump it to get it to go to the locked position it was so tight.  After a couple of hundered rounds and a little back and forth closing and opening it though it was developed just a wee bit of wiggle to it, not enough to mess with anything though.  On other forums the tightness is attributed to the parkerizng tightening things up and with a little movement it gets beat down and a little looser.  A side to side wiggle can be tightened if you care to punch out a pin and tighten the nut a bit but up and down movement is the size of the lock holes in the receiver or the lock pins themselves just a little worn.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:39:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine wiggles a little. But so does my Polytech LUF. I haven`t shot my Vector UF yet....
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top