Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2006 9:42:13 PM EST
Im working on attempting to figure out why a new WASR2 wont eject correctly, feeding and fireing are perfict just fails to eject at all, sometimes shells end up behind the carrier and bolt???? and it has a spring identical to my WASR10.............it seems it would use a different spring b/c it doesnt fit quite right in the back of the carrier. any body with any help would be great!!! thank you.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:30:19 AM EST
For ejection problems, the carrier spring would be the last thing I'd check. Between all AK's they are interchangeable. In fact, I use an old piston type on my AK-74.

Check your extractor and ejector. Is there gunk in the extractor? Is the spring clean? Is the ejector long enough? Worn? Cycle it slowly and see where the case goes. Then use your knowledge of the AK's operation to isolate the problem.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:58:53 AM EST
my first ak was a heavly used sar-1, i had some ejection problems.
i ended up fixing it by replaceing the extractor and the gas piston. now it shoots all day
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:02:36 AM EST
from what i can tell, it looks good....................i havent yet taken apart the bolt and small parts but i did blast it out with some gun scrubber, and it still wont eject correctly! the reason i was guessing the spring was b/c it might cause the carrier to slam home way to fast for the shell to eject. i guess i need to cycle some through and pay close attention.

Has anybody ever had this problem with a wasr2 and IF you fixed it how???
Also is it easy to dismantel a AKbolt???
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:15:27 AM EST
might think about removeing the fireing pin and hand cycle a full mag to get a idea of whats going on.
if it cycles fine there is a chance your short strokeing.
might need to take a picture of the ejector rail it might of mushroomed over

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:20:29 AM EST
What if its short stroking????what can be done???
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:38:04 PM EST
Have you hand cycled yet?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:50:56 PM EST
not yet i just gave it a deep cleaning, however i couldnt punch the things out of the bolt to remove the pin or extractor...............they are in there tight as hell!!!I live in an apartment and dont really want to be cycling live ammo thro it with out at least removing the pin but i cant. i will probably wait till early tommaro afternoon when every body goes to work before i try. Thanks for the help and any tips or possible ideas are welcome!!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:46:13 AM EST
Pop out the hammer pin and take out the hammer if you want to hand cycle.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:19:19 PM EST
Good idea.
Top Top