BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/6/2003 5:52:58 PM EDT
Oh, I know!

Link Posted: 9/6/2003 6:05:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice wood & Romy drum, and she looks great!!

You need to bump the hell out of her.  I'll bet money that she likes it!
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 6:16:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll tell ya, this was the deal of the century... at least for me.

Traded a case of Federal XM193 for the WUM.  I paid $160 for the case of ammo shipped to me.  Spent $18 shipping it to the other guy and $20 for a transfer.  Once my buddy's shop reopens transfers will be free.  Anyway, have the original box, manual from IO, 30 round and 10 round mag.  Got the M14 bipod for $25 at the fun show today and the Romanian drum dirt cheap.

Not a bad compact squad weapon for oh like less than $300 all in
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 6:36:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like a great deal.  By the way did you have a copy of the "Shotgun News" handy when you made the deal?  Just curious!  

I do like the bipod.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#4]
LOL... no... the seller posted the Wum on the EE asking for either $225 as I recall or a few items in trade...  One of those was a case of XM193.  I just happened to have an extra sitting around.  Lucky me.  The bipod and mag I paid the asking price for, didn't even haggle.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 7:18:43 PM EDT
[#5]
So you decided not to re-stock the rifle? If so I think it still looks pretty good anyway.  The Romy "drag" stocks look tons better then, say, the Chinese MAK90 thumbholes.  

Maybe you should consider some laminate handguards to match the laminate stock?
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 8:21:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Ironwood sold the machines to make the stocks for cut receivers.  He said he could program another machine to cut one to fit, but he won't have time for weeks.  I'm leaning toward leaving it alone.  Less than $300 into that whole set-up and I don't see the point in spending $100 on a new stock set.  Now, if anyone has some laminate handguards that might match, please let me know.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 9:17:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I suppose that's the way to go.  It's not too good a feeling when you get something for cheap then spend tons of money to "improve" it only to find that it's still a cheap rifle underneath it all and you'll never get the money back (read: my SAR1).  

Laminate HGs would be a good thing though, and are to be had for cheap enough.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 7:42:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Very nice set-up. The only thing you have to do now is.....RUN THAT DRUM... (i hope it works,,,,,,LOL)....
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 8:21:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Very nice set-up. The only thing you have to do now is.....RUN THAT DRUM... (i hope it works,,,,,,LOL)....

You gots a death wish don't you Mr. $15 KAC grip... Mr. $60 GG&G Aimpoint mount... Mr. $150 Steiner binoculars...  BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top