Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/6/2005 11:04:05 AM EDT
I know the AMD-65 rear sling mount was a whimpy little job with two pieces of steel that are stuck inside of the receiver through a slot on the left side.  I am trying to find some photos of a build where someone went through the effort of putting these back...

Does anybody have an AMD-65 with this and can you share a pic?

Does anybody know where a picture is as an example?

I have the blueprints somewhere that show me where the cut belongs but I am having a tough time deciding if I want to go through the effort...
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:11:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I found it... when in doubt look up pookie....

pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/AMD65/amd65.htm

I would stll love to see some pics...  I am ready to assemble my AMD-65 build after just a little more fitting to my top rails!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:26:23 PM EDT
[#2]
While your looking, see if you can find a couple of these!

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:34:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's a pic of an original.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:11:32 PM EDT
[#4]
What is the upper pic?  

Thanks for posting the bottom pic as I am planning to SBR my last really nice AMD-65 kit and I want to try to make it look as original and correct as I can.  My real sling tab (I only have one out of the four kits I have) is baddly split so I am sure I will need to find a less then accurate way of mounting the rear sling but I just want to try to make it look right on the outside or the rifle.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:42:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a really hard time finding a rear sling swivel so i decided to make my own, what i did was take a standard AK sling swivel found on most wooden stocks, I used the swivel loop as the doner, i was going to cut down a piece of 16 guage steel but decided to use an old hack saw blade. The slot i cut in the receiver was in accordince with the template on "pookies" site, i trimmed down all the saw teeth on the blade on the bench grinder to just inder the slot size "i like a tight fit." Once i decided on the length (i never took a measurment) of the hacksaw blade, i cut it to length. I then put the blade through the loop and bent it by hand first then i crushed it to take form around the loop in the vise. I then inserted it into the slot and pried the two ends apart from eachother, then i took a c-clamp and bent each end almost flush with the inside of the receiver. Heres some pics of the finish product.  McM

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:01:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What is the upper pic?  quote]

Thats a side view of the AMR-69 Grenade launching rifle. Its basically a regular AMD-65 with an attached grenade launcher spigot attached to the barrel, the stock is different as it has a shock absorbing strut attached to the stock, the front sling swivel on that rifle was placed on the gas block which is different than the normal 65 gas block.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:50:56 PM EDT
[#7]
The part that interests me is the scope mount with the sling swivel on it.

Looks like a perfect fit for an AMD 65.
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top