Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/25/2005 5:16:35 PM EDT
I went to the local gun show this morning and ran across a nice looking Maadi with a slant brake and a thumb-hole stock. The guy wanted $409 for it but I wasn't sure what they were worth. It looked great but I just wasn't sure.

Did I screw up by not buying it?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:25:03 PM EDT
na
it was about what its worth
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:33:42 PM EDT
Seems like the Maadis are getting more elusive as the days go by. I've still to see one but I've only been into AKs for about a year. From what I understand in order of stock quality its MAK90 Maadi SAR and WASR. I personally like the light weight of the SAR and the parkerizing insted of the MAK90s blueing just seems to collect rust even in slightly humid conditions but thats my experience talking. I haven't felt a Maadi but its pre-ban if it has the muzzle break right? One thing I like is the fact they used Maadis in Red Dawn it being one of my fav movies just has a nostalgic value to me. Depending on if you have an AK yet or not the determining factor in this case. I've heard good things and bad things about Maadis so as your first AK not sure if its a good idea but as a second for just a different feel or caliber its probably not a bad deal.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:39:29 PM EDT
I've never owned one, but every Maddi I have ever sold looked like crap at the bottom of the AK barrel. YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:01:50 PM EDT
Depends on who made it....

Steyr....the best

Intrac.....Middle of the road

CAI.......MAADI reciever with MAK90 parts.....POOR QUALITY!
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:06:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:15:44 PM EDT
So it sounds like I made the right decision to pass it over. It sounds like there are too many variables involved.

Thanks!
Top Top