Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/11/2006 11:44:51 AM EDT
My small local dealer received 2 CIA M70AB Yugo underfolders a few months back. I happened to be in the shop (with money to spend) the day they arrived. I never had an AK variant and wasn't especially looking for one that day but I thought I might get one sometime. The dealer and another customer or two seemed impressed with this gun and he was asking $450 for it. I handled it for about a half hour and then said I'd take it. (It shoots great, I'm very satisfied.)

The dealer decided to keep the other one for his personal collection. Some of the other regular customers were a little bent that I got the only available one. About a week later I asked if he was getting more and he said he had like 15 on order but wasn't sure when they would arrive, if ever. I said I'd take another one and to put me on the list - supposedly still at $450 (subject to change of course.)

Today I was at a gun show and saw them at 3 different dealers. One had his marked MSRP-$650, gun show special price $600. Another dealer wanted $550 and the third wanted $525. I was tempted at the $525.

AIM has them in the flyer for $430 (Call for availability) and J&G Sales in Shotgun News shows them for $400. Of course there's shipping and FFL fees to add here. I was wondering if I could ever get one. I decide to take the one for $525.

Do you think I did the right thing to grab it when I found one? I still intend to leave the order in at the local dealer.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:55:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/11/2006 11:56:22 AM EDT by Hellhound]
Get 'em while you can!

The SAR 1s dried up before any knew what was really going on....
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:02:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/11/2006 5:03:10 PM EDT by briang2ad]
I just saw a reasonable dealer with one at the show today for $520. I picked mine up for $450. $450 is now a heck of a price. If they are $430 from the dist., add up the transfer fee and shipping... cannot beat it!

You shot yours - range report?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:41:57 PM EDT
Just like the PSL's/Romak3's, they all dried up in a very short time. Get these Yugo's while you can.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:23:01 AM EDT
No regrets buying the second one, even if it cost a little more than I'd like. Got a chance to put a few hundred rounds through it yeaterday. Sights were pretty much "right on" out of the box. It's a great shooter.

These are definitely "keepers". I'm still looking forward to see if the other one I ordered from my dealer shows up and becomes my number 3.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:15:12 PM EDT
The one I ordered from the dealer came through. Now I have 3. All are excellent.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:52:36 PM EDT
I'm on a BO list right now at AIM, just found out that i'll have to register it as a pistol seeing how i'm in MI. Thanks to someones info in this forum and a handy pdf on state laws. Oh well, I do hope I get it and all goes well, the thing looks great, and it'll look even better in my collection. CCW on a Yugo AK? Do I dare have that much fun? Only the future and the ATF can tell. Need to send them an email asking the details before my order goes through. :)
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:46:27 PM EDT
I assume your question for the ATF does not directly relate to the CCW issue since the CCW is state regulated.

At present, I'd prefer that my state would consider the underfolder a handgun as it would simplify transport in motor vehicle. As a long gun, in my state, I have to insure the "carbine" is unloaded before putting it in the vehicle. If it were a "handgun" according to state law I could carry/transport it loaded in a vehicle completely legally.
Top Top