Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/21/2005 9:13:47 AM EDT
I bought three new (so called new) East German Mags. The first time I loaded them they all took 30 rounds. I decided to check the springs for rust and found one of them had some. I reassembled the two other mags and now I can only get 29 rounds in them. What did I do wrong? I went back and pulled them and reassembled them exactly the same way and once again only 29 rounds would fit.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:01:42 AM EDT
[#1]
You sure the spring isnt upside down sometimes thats the problem.  I had that happen with a Sig mag and it wouldn't load all the round too try it the opposite wy it may work.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:14:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I figured it out. The spring was getting hung up inside the mag. I used some WD40 on the inside of the mag, then wiped it dry, reinstalled the spring and gave the bottom of the mag a good tap. It took all 30 rounds this time.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top