Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2005 4:07:31 AM EDT
Ok, I'm here in Bucharest (Bucuresti) Romanian for 2 weeks. Yesterday, I visited the Romanian military museum.  Lots of cool stuff dating back to the 13th century.  Anyway, towards the later part of the weapons exhibits, I saw a lot of Romanian Kalashnikovs and ran across one with the black band on the stock.  The exhibit said it was a semi-auto version AKM made for the Romanian "Patriotic Guard".  I could only see the right side of the rifle so I couldn't tell if had the orange "G" on it or not.  I'm sure it did though.  According to the Romanian friend I'm visiting here, basically everyone of highschool age had to serve in the Patriotic Guard.  She told me that once a week (or month... I can't remember offhand), they had to wear their blue uniforms for the PG to school and occassionally help out at government events, making sure people behaved themselves, helping old ladies cross the street and the like.  I took some pictures at the museum that I'll post when I get back to the states... got some more sites to see today!

Later,
Tapeo1
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:14:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 8:58:36 AM EDT
[#2]
They goofed on mine, it came with all the full auto parts, matching numbers to the rest of the rifle.

Must have been a good student.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top